Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to choose map on defense/interception

GourangaPL

as we all know there are certain defense and interception missions that can be played on different maps chosen at random on the same node e.g. stephano or tessera. i think we all also know some of them are better than others and leaving mission and going back in untill a proper map appears is frustrating and far from being fun. i do believe there are people who like stephano cave map where you have to run between capsules or the huge outer terminus variant (with elevator on spawn) and i don't expect you to remove them because i don't like them, i just really need the option to choose the map i like better so when i start such mission it should show map selection screen with images of some characteristic points of each map

one other thing somewhat around that topic is you could bring back old Xini and Io maps and give us choice, i would play on old Xini with pleasure since new Xini is a piece of garbage and everyone will confirm that, this map is buggy, enemies stuck in rooms, elevator bugs etc.

Ah Yep

when I get that one Riven Challenge for defense takes no damage

you'll find me repeatedly loading and aborting till I get the 'quarry' map and not the 'courtyard' version.

Just a waste of time

Now, making a Map version picker requires UI changes and stuff, for that reason alone I don't think DE will bother

but at the very least, how about fix these 'variant' maps so they appear on distinct nodes instead of being RNG?

Archived