Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Unit special attacks and Mind Control - Damage multiplier does not apply.

Venefik

When mind controlling enemies that create DoT zones or clouds, mind control's damage multiplier is not applied to these attacks. This results in a weird interaction where their normal attacks deal increased damage while their """special""" abilities and skills tickle enemies. Not only are they not affected by the multipliers, but most of them also deal extremely low and underwhelming damage per second, while against the Tenno, these special attacks will scale normally with level, dealing increasing damage per tick as levels go up.

These are the specials¹ that I've tested so far that suffer from this bug:

•Attacks that consist only on Damage per Second (no projectile, no 'initial' damage before the DoT):
>Toxic Ancient's Scream (AoE toxin)
>Mutalist Osprey's Toxic Cloud
>Sapping Osprey's Sapping Mines

•Attacks that have initial damage or projectiles:²
>Deimos Therid's Corrosive Cobweb Orb
>Deimos Saxum's Controlled Projectiles
>Tar Mutalist MOA's Sticky Tar
>Swarm Mutalist MOA's Swarm Cloud³

Notes: 1 - by "special" I mean attacks that either have a cooldown (skills) or that have some unique or semi-unique property, such as the DoT that Saxums apply after their regular projectiles attacks land. Not all of these are necessarily abilities governed by cooldown, as Sapping Ospreys can continue to attack even if Silenced (if I remember correctly).

2 - The second category refers to the DoT aspects of the respective attacks and only these aspects suffer from this bug. Each of these (maybe except Tar Moa but it's hard to test these as they miss A LOT) have a projectile component that IS affected by MC's damage multiplier and seem to be working as inteded.
 To elaborate: Deimos Therid's Corrosive Cobweb Orb deals a certain amount of damage when used against an enemy of other faction in the simulacrum. After mind controlling the Therid and stacking some damage, the Orb's direct impact deals much more damage, while the webbing on the ground (the DoT) deals the same miserably low damage.

3 - This probably needs it's own topic but- Swarm Mutalist MOA's Swarm Cloud still gives other infested bonus armor for the duration of the cloud, even after converting them to the tenno side. This makes them an actual drain instead of a help when you mind control them 🤡.

Tested in the simulacrum on higher levels (180) and with no armored units to ease the testing.

I may update this after some more testing, as some other units might fit in the second category, such as Hyekka Master's Napalm Grenade which has impact AoE damage followed by a DoT. I'm sure the direct blast is affected by the MC%, but the DoT I'm still uncertain about.

EDIT: Hyekka Master's Napalm Grenade working as intended with Mind Control's damage multiplier, both the initial explosion and the following DoT on the ground.

Archived