Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knockout Boundaries are an example of "housekeeping"

cyntreau

I've played this game for 7 years and I'm used to getting knocked out/reset when I touch an outer boundary or try to jump too high. However is this really the best way to move forward? I know it's by far the easiest way to create a boundary to the game levels since it's literally just a reset bubble arbitrarily thrown around every level.. but I would honestly rather have a hard wall or turn back message or instant death or anything rather than a knockout zone because there are many, MANY areas that make no sense, yet knock you out just because someone at some point decided that's as far as you go. This is a game about space ninjas, yet if I use zephyr to rocket through a mission without touching the ground and accidentally touch a bad zone I get reset hundreds of meters back. If this game is to be taken seriously then the juvenile knockout zone boundary system needs to be done away with, especially in 2022 when the dev team is constantly going on about "housekeeping" and "quality of life". This is a prime example of housekeeping in that effort is expected to polish things exactly like this and not say oh it's good enough and we can't be bothered. At some point even things like this need to be questioned if the game is to actually evolve and succeed in future iterations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived