Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation UI Suggestion for New Players

nPhlames

With the increased traffic of fresh players I have been queuing for Earth missions the past few days to help guide the newly awakened Tenno, the most consistent behavior among them all is that none of them realise you can extract once you have completed the minimum to leave.

The only way the game tells you that you can extract is a single voice clip by the Lotus telling you extractions is ready that occurs once, there is no persistent visual indicator. Simple suggestion is to add just add one.

professional artist render

57 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... wait, isn't there a persistent marker present in the screen at all times with absolutely no way to disable it for everyone else?

The only marker is the one you have on mini map, which evidently isn't enough.

4 hours ago, nPhlames said:

The only marker is the one you have on mini map, which evidently isn't enough.

... Which is something that can only be  considered per personal interpretation, which falls under the "preferences" section of "non-debatable" due to the lack of common grounds for understanding.

... I say that its too much and I want to disable it, because I don't want markers to be active anywhere... Some say that the markers are sufficient... Others, like you, say that its not enough so it should be shoved into everyone's faces even harder... I mean, for new players, it "can" help BUT only if they are effectively playing the game 110% instead of just running around with no sound while watching TV because, apparently, the game is somehow beneath their magnificence...

Do note, I am not saying that its a bad thing to have. I'm saying that its a bad thing to be unable to disable it. We have so many options already (and more to come) but never for the things that really matter to have options for, in the first place!

... I don't know, maybe DE should start there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-04-03 at 3:06 AM, nPhlames said:

With the increased traffic of fresh players I have been queuing for Earth missions the past few days to help guide the newly awakened Tenno, the most consistent behavior among them all is that none of them realise you can extract once you have completed the minimum to leave.

The only way the game tells you that you can extract is a single voice clip by the Lotus telling you extractions is ready that occurs once, there is no persistent visual indicator. Simple suggestion is to add just add one.

Did they actually say something like "Oh I didn't realise we could leave yet" or are you just assuming they wanted to exit as soon as the objective was finished, and not wanting to get more resources or affinity? e.g Tikal on Earth is a dark sector mission with increased percentage gains.

Speaking of, I just did that mission to check and there is always a green extraction indicator for me leading towards the exit (look to the right hand side), but maybe that changes depending on what settings a person has. I guess it is not helpful if they don't know that it means "extraction is here when you want to leave".

ADhPGmD.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-04-15 at 8:29 PM, TheMostFrench said:

Did they actually say something like "Oh I didn't realise we could leave yet" or are you just assuming they wanted to exit as soon as the objective was finished, and not wanting to get more resources or affinity? e.g Tikal on Earth is a dark sector mission with increased percentage gains.

Speaking of, I just did that mission to check and there is always a green extraction indicator for me leading towards the exit (look to the right hand side), but maybe that changes depending on what settings a person has. I guess it is not helpful if they don't know that it means "extraction is here when you want to leave".

ADhPGmD.png

New players hardly use chat, and anything they do say is sparse. The average response when I guide them to the exit is "thanks" at most. If they wanted to stay in a dark sector mission for the boosts, that's fine, except I am have not queuing for that. 

Sometimes the extraction indicator gets covered by the excavation indicator if both lead out of the room in the same direction. 

Archived