Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Reinforcement: Traicere

FissionStorm

My spur-of-the-moment idea. A Corpus response to the Galatine.

Name Ideas: Gemini, Fatis, Traicere (all latin words if you want to know the etymology of them)

Basic idea: A split blade greatsword using normal heavy attacks but the charge attack uses something similar to the scissor-cleave seen on the dual-blade weapons because the blades are not entirely whole.

i know this picture is terri-bad but I wanted to scribble it down before i forgot. If it's liked, I'll get a few buddies and do a GOOD mockup of it.
nipcZIs.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/nipcZIs.jpg

My spur-of-the-moment idea. A Corpus response to the Galatine.

Name Ideas: Gemini, Fatis, Traicere (all latin words if you want to know the etymology of them)

Basic idea: A split blade greatsword using normal heavy attacks but the charge attack uses something similar to the scissor-cleave seen on the dual-blade weapons because the blades are not entirely whole.

i know this picture is terri-bad but I wanted to scribble it down before i forgot. If it's liked, I'll get a few buddies and do a GOOD mockup of it.

nipcZIs.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/nipcZIs.jpg

I like it.

Giant energy scissors seem pretty far-fetched, even for Warframe, though they can be pretty cool.

Imagine if the two scissor blades are normally two seperate dual-wielded blades (instead of a greatsword), and for a charged attack, you attach the two blades into a giant scissor to snip enemies in front of you in half. That'd look cool at least, if nothing else.

Also it'd probably be better to make it an ether weapon on the market instead of corpus clantech. The corpus would actually have to use this if it's gonna be clantech, and I really don't see Corpus crewmen running around with giant scissor blades being a thing :/

Edited by Madotsuki

Giant energy scissors seem pretty far-fetched, even for Warframe, though they can be pretty cool.

Imagine if the two scissor blades are normally two seperate dual-wielded blades (instead of a greatsword), and for a charged attack, you attach the two blades into a giant scissor to snip enemies in front of you in half. That'd look cool at least, if nothing else.

Also it'd probably be better to make it an ether weapon on the market instead of corpus clantech. The corpus would actually have to use this if it's gonna be clantech, and I really don't see Corpus crewmen running around with giant scissor blades being a thing :/

I never said energy there at all, nor is it a pair of scissors. Its a buster sword that is bifurcated and uses a scissor-like attack on charge 

and I did not specifically say they would be used by the crewmen, i was thinking along the lines of a Sword Tech (if an enemy uses) plus do you see corpus running around with Obex?

Edited by FissionStorm

I never said energy there at all, nor is it a pair of scissors. Its a buster sword that is bifurcated and uses a scissor-like attack on charge 

and I did not specifically say they would be used by the crewmen, i was thinking along the lines of a Sword Tech (if an enemy uses) plus do you see corpus running around with Obex?

If it's Corpus you gotta put something about energy into it, otherwise why make it a Corpus weapon at all?

A "buster" sword, a.k.a. broadsword, would be even more boring then. The scissor attack would be little more than a nice little visual deviation, and in fact would be less useful than a nigh 360 degree slash from something like the Galatine.

Techs are basically Crewmen suffering from Gigantism right now anyway. By "crewmen" i basically meant any Corpus guy that's not a robotic proxy. Point taken on the Obex, though the unit that uses said Obex (or something similar) probably just hasn't been released yet, like how Flux Rifle took awhile before a unit started using it.

If it's Corpus you gotta put something about energy into it, otherwise why make it a Corpus weapon at all?

A "buster" sword, a.k.a. broadsword, would be even more boring then. The scissor attack would be little more than a nice little visual deviation, and in fact would be less useful than a nigh 360 degree slash from something like the Galatine.

Techs are basically Crewmen suffering from Gigantism right now anyway. By "crewmen" i basically meant any Corpus guy that's not a robotic proxy. Point taken on the Obex, though the unit that uses said Obex (or something similar) probably just hasn't been released yet, like how Flux Rifle took awhile before a unit started using it.

Okay i see what you mean. But this was just a rough idea. Ill have a better drawing soon, but given that my drawing skills are crap, it will probably just be a few .bmps of a .3dm