Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber

DeltaF0rce

Will this mod be changed eventually or will it stay as it is?

Originally it was introduced as Corrupted Mod that buffs damage and nerfs recoil. It had no negative impact on recoilless weapons since the nerf was applied via percentage.

But the change to nerfing accuracy severely limits the usefulness of this mod.

There are some weapons like Synapse and Flux Rifle where you can get away with the increased deviation of the projectiles, but i really preferred the pinpoint accuracy.

On weapons like Sniper Rifles and Ogris it is completely unviable to use this mod, as it makes it impossible to reliably hit enemies from greater distance.

There is also no mod that increases accuracy that you could use to compensate for the negative effect.

Can you please change it back to a recoil increasing effect, but with a different mechanism than applying an increase by percentage, so all weapons have recoil with it?

More damage for more recoil is a trade-off i can happily agree with.

More damage for more deviation is not.

Edited by DeltaF0rce

The poroblem is that there is no way at all to counterbalance the -accuracy and that the -acc can lead to extreme outliers. Ironically most weapons without recoil were affected least by it (eg Ignis basically isnt affected at all) but it completely destroyed the usability for weapons like snipers...

Le Sigh... DE logic: Don't fix really fix the "loophole" you want to close but eff it up for the rest... Yayz!

i'd rather have them change -recoil mods for +accuracy mods, that way it would be posible to compensate for heavy caliber/magnum force or greatly improve the accuracy of some weapons if you dont use heavy caliber.

Agreed, recoil you can always compensate for manually on almost every weapon (Snipetron Vandal was a bit ridiculous though, making me almost sick when zoomed, but it still re-centered before the next shot even with somewhat high ranked Heavy Caliber). Accuracy cannot be compensated for because it is just random from what I can tell, no way to actually affect that by changing the way you use the gun.