Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Eximus Rework is Good! But It Needs Some Tweaks

CuteFoxyFox

Hey there!

It has been some time since I was writing on the forums and I wanted to give my feedback about the eximus rework. In my opinion it came out really good and I really like the direction it was taken. But it still needs a few tweaks to fit into the game better.

1. Leech Eximus

These has been THE MOST frustrating ones. Their concept is fine, an enemy that follows you around and wants to interrupt your skills and steal your energy and with the new AoE effects they have now it has counterplay and can be avoided, which is good! But the zones appear way too fast, often when you'd be playing and see the attack coming and jump out of it you feet will still get caught in the blast so even though you did dodge it, it still affected my Warframe. I think there needs to be more time for us to react and that would go for all eximus AoEs. I think at least 0,5second longer setup of the AoE attack would make a huge difference.

Another BIG problem I have with them and has been the most furstrating for me is... they constantly blur my UI. Not only they spawn AoE too fast but it also follows you, sucks out your energy and switches off your UI. Please change it so our UI will not be blurred by this effect because it makes the game really chaotic and hard to play. It makes the counterplay more difficult and impacts the experience from the game as you cant even see mission objectives or when your allies needs you to do something so yeah the UI blur affects A LOT of the gameplay.

My suggestions:

- AoE Eximus attacks that spawn under your feet takes 0,5sec to 1sec more to appear so you have more time to react.

- UI blur after being affected by leech eximus should be removed as it does impact a lot of the gameplay mechanics and it isnt a positive impact.

2. Invisibility is pretty much useless now

It is fine if you want some counterplay to invisibility but new Eximus units are TOO effective at it. They totally ignore your invisibility making Spy missions on high levels very frustrating and not only Spy missions. Invis frames are also not very tanky such as loki or ivara so if the firey eximus sees them they get absolutely obligerated. Of course you can mod for it and can play around it but I dont think all of the eximus units should do that because it makes some Warframes simply pretty much useless or pointless to use.

3. So much AoE knockdowns!

The new Eximus units have a lot of knockdowns and I mean the firey one in particular. It is fine if you want to have Eximus with knockdowns and such but the range of that thing is way too big and on top of having the old fire blast attack it also have some new skills to knock us down with. Please make it so they are either smaller range or tone them down somehow or maybe make them not knock us down at all but instead make us burn. It is very frustrating to be constantly knocked down because it feels as if I am forced to install prime sure footed on every Warframe I own. Please consider tweaking it.

4. Some effects are too bright and distracting and some are hardly visible

Some Eximus units have very bright and huge animations that go all over your screen. Like the firey eximus that shoots huge fire, its so bright compared to the fire we used to have on the old ones. Where the Leech eximus have that faint dark-blue aura that just appears underneeth you silently and with amount of things going on the screen it is sometimes impossible to notice. I think with the new eximus units there is such a huge visual overload of everything on the screen it is very hard to actually focus on what you need to do. I would suggest spawning 1 or 2 eximus per minute and make them tougher kinda like mini-bosses or spawn a lot of em but tune down the overwhelming visuals and simplify em a little, that would really help out!

Thank you for listening! As I said I think the changes are good and make the game more interesting and give us counterplay! They give us more reason to jump around and move which is very good. Keep on these good changes and keep focusing on the movement of the game, Warframe shines with its movement and this is the part that should be highlighted throughout the game! I think if you could consider some of the above changes it could positively impact the user experience and satisfaction from the game itself.

Please consider it!

Bye bye!

I'd say Blast is the most frustrating one. That multi hit explosion can essentially ignore shield gating, and defensive objectives aren't immune to it. They can just straight up one shot excavators (which are really in need of a rework).

Archived