Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General update criticisms

(PSN)Briginds

I've played this game for years, but I need to say, I'm extremely displeased with the way things turned out. 

The timer is completely wrong. I don't understand why anyone would implement this system, it seems completely illogical in terms of one reward for all of that time spent. In terms of stealth, that way of leveling is essentially gone due to eximus being immune to CC abilities. We don't want to grind levels so excessively hard, spamming the same mission for 30 minutes at a time. 

To add on, we don't even get the chance to explore anything in some the new game modes and familiarize ourselves with the tilesets due to the game mode giving us a time limit. I enjoyed the quest, the layout is nice, but we don't want to keep putting in all that effort for one reward out of 3-4 rotations. It just doesn't make sense to any of us, respectfully speaking. And please, get rid of squad extraction in endless if 1 or more leave  bring the solo extraction back. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Briginds said:

The timer is completely wrong. I don't understand why anyone would implement this system, it seems completely illogical in terms of one reward for all of that time spent. In terms of stealth, that way of leveling is essentially gone due to eximus being immune to CC abilities. We don't want to grind levels so excessively hard, spamming the same mission for 30 minutes at a time. 

What timer are you talking about?

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Briginds said:

To add on, we don't even get the chance to explore anything in some the new game modes and familiarize ourselves with the tilesets due to the game mode giving us a time limit. 

I think the Zariman update is pretty bad but I disagree with this issue. Your complaint of not being able to explore/learn the new tileset is the same issue that exists for new players learning every tileset in the game. 

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Briginds said:

It just doesn't make sense to any of us, respectfully speaking. And please, get rid of squad extraction in endless if 1 or more leave  bring the solo extraction back. 

This was recently changed for zariman endless missions (cascade, armageddon, flood) AFAIk.

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

What timer are you talking about?

I think the Zariman update is pretty bad but I disagree with this issue. Your complaint of not being able to explore/learn the new tileset is the same issue that exists for new players learning every tileset in the game. 

This was recently changed for zariman endless missions (cascade, armageddon, flood) AFAIk.

I'm mainly referring to the timer for I think it was Void Cascade?? Maybe Void Flood, can't remember since I left abruptly.  Apologies for being vague, it's more or less the first time I've posted in the forums. Not exactly sure what to post but I was upset due to a timer that failed my mission the other night. Would've been nice if it didn't exist.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Briginds said:

I'm mainly referring to the timer for I think it was Void Cascade?? Maybe Void Flood, can't remember since I left abruptly.  Apologies for being vague, it's more or less the first time I've posted in the forums. Not exactly sure what to post but I was upset due to a timer that failed my mission the other night. Would've been nice if it didn't exist.

Ahhh okay I gotcha.

Void Flood seemed like it was weirdly difficult for awhile until I realized Titania breaks the mode with very little effort. I highly recommend using Titania to collect orbs like a madman/woman.

I agree with the "time" limits. At first I thought this was just a bonus like with the other bounties, and I was quite surprised when the mission actually failed. 
Another bad thing in my opinion is that it's a complete and absolute fail. Unlike all the other bounties, these new ones do not have any rewards in between, if you fail the mission at any point, you get nothing. 

The worst thing about all of this in my opinion is how many people respond to this with basically "just use this and this Warframe to cheese it". We have seen a long history in Warframe where certain Warframes or weapons became far under-used. These kind of missions are exactly the reason why. They almost force people into picking specific Warframes in order to cheese them or at least make them doable. That is not something that you would want in a game that's all about collecting and using many different Warframes and weapons. 

What's even worse is that it makes the content islands (which Warframe already has a big problem with imo) even worse. Once people have the rewards they want from these bounties, people aren't going to touch these bounties anymore until DE puts other content in them that people want. They could have been a decent way to get focus or level Warframes/Weapons. But since you can also play the missions in a normal way without the added restrictions, people will likely be doing those instead. 

On 2022-05-05 at 5:10 AM, Arisu said:

I agree with the "time" limits. At first I thought this was just a bonus like with the other bounties, and I was quite surprised when the mission actually failed. 
Another bad thing in my opinion is that it's a complete and absolute fail. Unlike all the other bounties, these new ones do not have any rewards in between, if you fail the mission at any point, you get nothing. 

The worst thing about all of this in my opinion is how many people respond to this with basically "just use this and this Warframe to cheese it". We have seen a long history in Warframe where certain Warframes or weapons became far under-used. These kind of missions are exactly the reason why. They almost force people into picking specific Warframes in order to cheese them or at least make them doable. That is not something that you would want in a game that's all about collecting and using many different Warframes and weapons. 

What's even worse is that it makes the content islands (which Warframe already has a big problem with imo) even worse. Once people have the rewards they want from these bounties, people aren't going to touch these bounties anymore until DE puts other content in them that people want. They could have been a decent way to get focus or level Warframes/Weapons. But since you can also play the missions in a normal way without the added restrictions, people will likely be doing those instead. 

If you ask me, some warframes are in dire need of love (hydroid especially) so they can continue to keep up. As for rewards, you've essentially given a far more detailed way that I'd like to have said it. DE should reduce that VS cool down to 15 seconds as well, it's just not the coolest way to do eidolon hunting when we're trying to speed run. I'd like to get into it, but it's gonna be hard. 

The update and game modes are great, I love them tbh  but the "time" limits ruin it lack of rewards makes me not wanna do it, I don't wanna grind 20 minute rotations for 1 reward at the end of all 3. It's kinda off-putting. Demos was really well done in my personal opinion. I actually enjoyed doing it. But I just don't see myself returning until the issues here are addressed so that I can enjoy the update in full, even if I fall behind. 

Archived