The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate issues (PS5)

(PSN)Shobread

Since the update I’ve been experiencing significant dips in framerate solo and in group. Most of my settings are off including gpu particles only things on are AO weapon effects and color correction. Never had any issues before even with everything on 

We finally got VRR to fix the inconsistencies and this game now runs worse than it ever has. Somebody on Reddit tried to blame my TV. Like no homie, my TV works just fine in both PS5 and PC games, you just need an optometrist if you don't notice the massive tearing and stutters, even in solo mode, which used to be my only reprieve.

VRR fixed the Elden Ring issues. Cyberpunk fixed theirs. Warframe is now the worst running game on PS5. It's sad because this game is incredibly easy to run on decent hardware too. Ran like crap on PS4, ran like crap on PS4 Pro, ran like crap on PS5, runs like crap on PS5 with VRR. I don't understand.

Edit: Actually, to be completely fair, I wholly understand the PS4 issues. What I don't understand is why those issues have migrated to the PS5 version.

Doesn't seem like this is exclusive to the PS versions either. I've have seen the same issue on PC as well. Doesn't matter what settings that are reduced, the frame rate being restricted or not, even the DirectX version or engine selected. Random screen tearing and stutters. Not sure what the problem is, but something in the engine might have gotten scrambled and is affected things. :-(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are definitely some changes in the Zariman update(s) that are causing these issues. The developers need to do some proper testing and see where this problem is occuring, and optimize it. Who cares if the game has new and 'cool' looking content, if it makes the game borderline unplayable at times. I'm on ps4, I started only getting frame issues and overheat warnings in very graphically intensive content, such as Zariman cascade or Eidolons. Now I'm getting overheat issues while I sit in orbiter, in trade chat. Something ain't right..it's pretty much an industry standard in code development to check how new features/reworks affect the overall performance of the application. Something tells me ya'll (DE) didn't do your due dilligence...please investigate this 

Archived