The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Performance Drop Since The Last Patch, Causes Freezing And Crashing

TheAlfax

Ok, so I've been trying to play with my friends lately, and I can't get the game to work well for more than 19 minutes. That seems to be the limit. At around 14 minutes, the framerate drops to a point where it's painful to look at the game (9-15 FPS, when it's normally 50 FPS). Afterwards, it doesn't take long until the game crashes for some unexplainable reason. I'm just shooting at some Grineer Lancer, and the game freezes completely, with the last audio clip looping forever until the game suddenly closes itself and the bug report window appears. The crashing seems to be completely random. I can be walking around in a Corpus ship, and the game crashes. There's no pattern to it, really.The only thing I know about it is that it usually happens shortly after the framerate starts dropping.

The framerate may also drop in situations where it normally shouldn't. The game used to run perfectly fine, sustaining a playable framerate even when the room was full of Grineer mooks. My display settings haven't changed, and multi-threading only makes things worse, causing the game to crash even sooner (It used to actually improve my framerate drastically before, and now it completely wrecks it).

So the game is pretty much unplayable for me, and I would like to know if someone else has a similar problem.

Sincerely,

a concerned citizen.

Edited by TheAlfax

Hmm... Is there any problem with other games? Any recent program/apps installed that might be the suspect?

Not really. I haven't installed anything else lately. My computer hasn't changed in any way, shape or form. I'll re-download while I sleep, and I'll give you a heads-up tomorrow. Hopefully re-installing works, and if it doesn't, let's hope U11 brings in some optimization fixes. I really don't know how a patch could affect me that much. The game is nigh damn unplayable right now.

I noticed considerable lag on the Catalyst alert and playing in Xini today. Also my PC went to completely frozen (both screens, no sound or response whatsoever) at wave 20-something... very, very frustrating!

Yeah, same. I just missed the 24h catalyst because of this :/

Edited by TheAlfax

Check out my post I made last night about the same issue. I started seeing the FPS drops happening after 10.6 I think. The crashing may be a different problem or it could be the same but me and my friends haven't had that specific problem. All of us in some way have noticed the frame rate drop though.

It definitely gets worse when there are more enemies to load and it didn't used to be a problem. Good to know that others are having this specific problem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Ive had the same issue, getting worse daily. I used to be able to run everything maxed out with mabey a hitch once in awhile when huge number of mobs on the screen, but now, i can run a game every so often that runs butter smooth, the rest im lucky to pul 3-5 fps. It happens more when i try to host, but does it jsut the same if someone else does and even playing solo (that has gotten way worse last few days too) I have the random crashes also, (3 last night) Ive tried razer game booster, sometimes it helps sometimes it doesnt. It started getting even worse after the new helmets patch

• 2 weeks later...

Here to update on the situation. The crashes are even more common now, and I'm missing rewards like catalyst and reactor blueprints just because the game crashes for no reason in the middle of the mission. This happens both when I'm playing Solo, and when somebody invites me. The game is nigh unplayable for me right now.

Edited by TheAlfax

Same problem. I don't get a full crash, but the game freezes for about 30 or so seconds and then resumes. That happens every 5 minutes or so. No matter where I am in the game.

Disabling multi-threading made the freezes less frequent. (used to be with a 2-3 minute interval with multi-threading on).

I've even turned down the effects in case it's just my PC acting weird and it's not. In mission I've got an average of 45 fps (it used to be around 30-35 with multi-threading and a bunch more CPU focused options on) and in menus I get the frames to spike up to over 100 and it still freezes on it's regular pace.

I have the in-game fps display on and I've seen the fps set on a firm 40 fps or more while I'm sitting and staring at a frozen game.

It is technically playable. The freezes have made me crash only once, but that seemed to be a rare case where I used the Steam Screenshot at the time of the freeze. I've done invasion events with this and got my rewards without a problem, even if it freezes at the mission reward screen countdown, (It's like the engine pauses for a moment to take a breather.) but it gets frustrating rather fast and it has forced me to stop playing it.

Hope this gets looked at soon. I miss the days when I was able to have uninterrupted fun stomping around with Rhino :'(

EDIT: This is when I play solo. Freezes disconnect people connected to me if I try to start a Void run with friends.

EDIT2: Well it would seem the 11.1.0 patch fixed my freezing issue. At least so it seems. I have the rare moments where I get a strong spike, but I'm guessing that's more my PC than the engine having a hiccup. Turned multi-threading back on and so far I've been able to play on my usual settings again.

Edited by Ammolds

Ok so i may ahve isolated teh problem. i think it has todo with the codex/scanner i had it equipted and everytime i do, it crashes. then uneqips. so i think it is linked to somewhere in that part of the system

Update: so we think is has todo with the scanner sub code, cause when ever one of my friends scanned several times to test this. and i crashed everytime. im thinking its a conflitc between nvidea drivers and teh scanner code. will make an update to see if its the codex code or just teh scanner ingame sub-code (note: i have not lookin at the code. we just are isolationg one thing at a time.)

Edited by HEADBANGER995

• 4 weeks later...

still crashing

mostly on "missioncomplete"

void derelict survival

alert/team missions when "missioncomplete" / middle of mission

void mobile defence

the helpdesk says "did you tried disabling ur dx11" duh, i already told him i tested to all low still crash, 

i played 500hours with no crashes before with dx11off with all settings on and maxed with no LAG, but this update 11 idk what the f&^% is going on.

this been going for nearly 2weeks for me. 

"Warframe support open 9AM-6PM Monday to Friday (-5 GMT)

We will be operating on a *limited* schedule during the week of December 23-29 for the holidays.

And will be CLOSED on Wednesday Dec 25 2013 and Wednesday January 1 2014"

Be patient, we are in the same ship...

brutal framerate drop, gonna try taking the codex scanner out, i even reduced game resolution and still rly bad fps

this is funny cause they improved framerate when they updated for ps4, and then they mess it with bugged updates

Edited by Psicomax