Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of the Zariman update: Kuva Trokarian BUFFS??(eximus feedback too)

Yunjuwo

So according to Prime Time 312, Kuva Trokarians got their health and armor, buffed, as well as some overguard because they weren't "hitting hard enough"

Video timestamped to 58:45 for your convenience:

For anyone that doesn't know what a Kuva Trokarian is(bless your innocent souls), they are basically heavy gunners that are even tankier, have a bit of natural crowd control immunity(e.g. resistant to staggers), use a Kuva Karak instead of a Gorgon, and can throw up to two Kuva Trokars at you.

And herein lies the problems:

1) Even without overguard, they just have crowd control resistance by default; couple that with their health/armor stats, and they can take some HEAVY punishment.

2) While the Heavy Gunners' Gorgon deals mainly impact damage, the Kuva Trokarians' Kuva Karak deals mainly slash damage AND has a HUGE base status chance along with higher critical chance and critical damage, compared to the Gorgon. So whoever at DE thought Kuva Trokarians weren't "hitting hard enough" have obviously never fought one(seriously, I haven't seen this much damage since Exo Eviscerators).

3) Kuva Trokars are basically Nullifiers that Trokarians can throw at you, and the Trokars can only be destroyed with void damage.

And now with the Echoes of the Zariman update, Trokarians are even more tanky. So they have even more time to pump their ridiculous damage into you. Essentially, what's happening here is that before yesterday's update, you fighting a Trokarian was like a wild west duel; kill it before it kills you, essentially. Now it's like a wild west duel except the Trokarian is Marty McFly from the future with a bulletproof vest and a laser gun.

Kuva Trokarians. If they weren't a threat before, they definitely are now. And I think strangely enough, staying as they are now is good. They're tanky. They're lethal. They have a special attack in the form of their Kuva Trokars(which arguably could be telegraphed a bit better). Trokarians, when you see one, are almost like a proper miniboss. Until you see more than one. Then it becomes hell. And you can say the same thing about eximus units. One eximus? Sure. Two? Okay, now they really have your attention. Three? Four? Five? Thirteen? What is this visual, butt cancer flooding our monitors? It's like a unicorn threw up a rainbow in my face. What is even happening? And as for Trokarians: I think Trokarians stole my v-card today with their chinese finger trap spamming. I'm not even joking, when my bleedout reached zero, they legit threw their Trokars(plural) at my corpse so that upon self-reviving I was immediately forced into Operator.

I like the new eximus changes. Less overguard, more health(better chance for Mercy finishers), and we're rewarded with energy and health orbs for killing them. Fighting eximus units feels extremely good right now, no lie. Until again, there's like a baker's dozen in the same room as you.

If we're keeping the Kuva Trokarian and Eximus changes, which I believe we should, we need to have spawns reduced to:

1 Trokarian for 1-2 player squads and 2 Trokarians for 3-4 player squads
OR
1 Trokarian for 1-3 player squads and 2 Trokarians for 4 player squads
(same thing for eximus)

As for sortie's Eximus Stronghold condition... oh god. If your eyes don't bleed every time, you're either lying or lucky not to have experienced it yet.

edit: I just came out of my second sp cascade since the update, and I gotta say... Forgive my post from 12 hours ago. It's summer. It was (really)hot when I wrote this up. I must've been delirious or something. Here's a more sound-of-mind solution:
1 Trokarian for 1-3 player squads and 2 Trokarians for 4 player squads, with a 3 minute cooldown on their spawn after death.
OR
Only 1 Trokarian at any time, with a 3 minute cooldown on their spawn after death.

Yea, the Trokarians are a bit much with their pretty much uncapped spawns. A friend and I were doing some Steel Path Cascade and we literally had some sequences where we could not spend more than like 5 seconds in our warframes as there were multiple Trokarians just constantly tossing their Trokars at us and when we popped one, another was tossed at us almost immediately and we just could not get back into our frames.

At least with corpus nullifiers we can still have our frame and weapons to be able to kill them but with how tanky the Trokarians are, dealing with them with the operator just isn't really a choice and you just have to try to get back in your frame and hope you aren't kicked out again. Without overguard they were at least somewhat manageable, but I feel like any unit that has overguard should absolutely have the eximus style caps on them.

4 hours ago, N7Arthur said:

Yea, the Trokarians are a bit much with their pretty much uncapped spawns. A friend and I were doing some Steel Path Cascade and we literally had some sequences where we could not spend more than like 5 seconds in our warframes as there were multiple Trokarians just constantly tossing their Trokars at us and when we popped one, another was tossed at us almost immediately and we just could not get back into our frames.

At least with corpus nullifiers we can still have our frame and weapons to be able to kill them but with how tanky the Trokarians are, dealing with them with the operator just isn't really a choice and you just have to try to get back in your frame and hope you aren't kicked out again. Without overguard they were at least somewhat manageable, but I feel like any unit that has overguard should absolutely have the eximus style caps on them.

They just shot my dog

Then threw a Trokar on her

I picked her back up

Then they shot her again

And immediately threw another Trokar on her

Fun times

Archived