The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Tenno From The Ps4 Universe

(PSN)emissiongarage

I meant higher-level as in higher than the level 5-ish (15 at absolute most on Apollodorus) enemies he's been fighting on Mercury.

I would actually not recommend potatoing the MK1-Braton. It's kind of not that good. I mean, you definitely could, and you might even pull off a decent midlevel build with it, but there are much better weapons out there that can get a whole lot more out of a potato.

What weapons should I BOLO when I get to a higher level?

What weapons should I BOLO when I get to a higher level?

Well, it depends. The main reason I recommend not potatoing the MK1-Braton is because almost every player moves on to a different weapon and never looks back. It just doesn't hold up later in the game.

Weapons you'd want to potato are ones that you feel are worth the investment. Ones that you enjoy using or find effective. Most people potato their high-end weapons (often clan-tech ones), and you'll find quite a few people who potato subpar weapons that they just plain like. I've got a potatoed Kogake sitting in my inventory just because I think they're awesome, even though they don't hold up to some other weapons.

In my modest opinion you should try Orthos, Galantine, Soma, Supra, Vectis, Hikou... These are some of my favs.

Soma is a rank 6 weapon, Supra is clan-tech and rank 7 besides... You're basically giving him a list of high-level weapons he can't exactly get right now. I actually have all of those, each with a potato, and yeah, they're worth the investment, but forgive me for doubting he'll be able to get his hands on a friggin' Supra anytime soon.

...But if you DO get any of these, emissiongarage, they're the sort of stuff that you'd probably want to potato. Especially the Soma.

What are your opinions on the KAMA, I noticed it in the market place with an 40 attack.

I haven't personally used the Kama, but I've heard it's not very good. If you want in-depth details about weapons, warframes, mods, and, well, pretty much everything, check the wiki.

You can also try youtubers like Mogamu, who make videos containing overviews and builds for most weapons and warframes. Once you get experienced enough you'll have a good idea of how to build stuff on your own, but I found Mogamu's videos to be a huge help in giving me an idea of how to mod my gear when I was a noob.

Soma is a rank 6 weapon, Supra is clan-tech and rank 7 besides... You're basically giving him a list of high-level weapons he can't exactly get right now. I actually have all of those, each with a potato, and yeah, they're worth the investment, but forgive me for doubting he'll be able to get his hands on a friggin' Supra anytime soon.

...But if you DO get any of these, emissiongarage, they're the sort of stuff that you'd probably want to potato. Especially the Soma.

Exactly my point, I really advise him to wait for him to get better weapons and warframes before burning a potatoe. I know they are high level, but using a potatoe on lower weapons is wasting platinum (in my opinion of course)

I haven't personally used the Kama, but I've heard it's not very good. If you want in-depth details about weapons, warframes, mods, and, well, pretty much everything, check the wiki.

You can also try youtubers like Mogamu, who make videos containing overviews and builds for most weapons and warframes. Once you get experienced enough you'll have a good idea of how to build stuff on your own, but I found Mogamu's videos to be a huge help in giving me an idea of how to mod my gear when I was a noob.

Cool I just sub to Mogamu.

euhm i would recommend to get the kunai/despair very effective through the whole game and still viable lategame anything potato everything you can afford to potato, thus if free player save for the best, if cashplayer you might end up like me potatoing everything you like

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

Any and all weapons can be good, but I highly recommend as a couple straight / direct upgrades...getting a Braton (it's much better than a MK-1 Braton) and getting an Orthos (very very good melee weapon available fairly early). As far as sidearms go, Kunai are an excellent choice as well and are available fairly early as well.

The first rifle I got was a Burston (a long time ago) and it has been improved a lot since then with balance changes, but is still slightly less strong than a pure Braton later on. I would suggest just acquiring a Braton.

That said - The Viper doesn't require much to craft, so you could try making one of those, or purchasing a Sicarus for sidearms. Those are good early to mid level secondary weapons, I think.

Endgame weapons to aim for involve high mastery rank and tend to require clan research, but some of the best ones with blueprints acquirable from the market include the Soma, Hek, Dual Vastos, and Galatine.

hello and welcome. It's very hard to give advice by text, especially early on where you'll be learning and changing your level of understanding nearly every minute. That said: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

I think someone's already posted it, but the wiki will be your friend, your best friend. I've been playing a long time, and this thing has saved me countless mistakes (not that I didn't make a few... I made lots). Also the most essential thing, have fun. You're a space ninja now, enjoy it.

I highly suggest finding some PC players that will be using the migration when the versions are in sync. They will be extremely geared, and more than happy to help you out giving you a great boost into the action. 

Braton's definitely a good weapon for now. I'd recommend Kunai for your secondary, I used that for the first 70 or so hours of playing, it's a very solid secondary. Orthos or Galatine are good melee choices as well. 

Edited by kuliise

As long as you have a Braton (not the MK-1 Braton), you can get whatever you want for your other weapon slots. Don't worry about getting a "bad" weapon, on low level enemies the weapon you use isn't that big of a deal, you'll have access to plenty of other weapons by the time you realise your current weapon isn't as effective as it once was.

For secondaries, the projectile weapons such as the Kunai (throwing knives), Hikou (throwing stars) and the Bolto (pistol that shoots bolts) are very long lasting just because of how their damage scales against high level enemies, but don't let that stop you getting a different weapon, you won't see much of a difference against the enemies you're currently facing.

For melees, I'd advise against the "heavy" melees until you get good mods for them, they're just too slow in my opinion without mods, and the higher damage they do on low level enemies is just overkill, a simple charge attack from a longsword will work just as well, and is also quicker. In fact, the only melee weapon I had was the Cronus even up to level 40-45 enemies, just because of how rarely I used melee, and I got by fine just by doing jump attacks (which can knock down some enemies).

For weapons that only cost credits, e.g. the Sicarus, Lex and Aklato (akimbo Latos, the starting pistol), consider trying them out, once bought they can be used instantly, unlike most other weapons that have to be crafted, which normally takes 12 hours. If you find out that you don't like them, you can always sell them back for credits which you'll find are very easy to acquire even after a few hours of playtime.

If you find that you don't like a weapon however, try to stick with it until it's level 30 (max rank for a weapon) before selling it, because each time you rank up a weapon, it gives you "mastery points" which are needed to advance to the next rank, so getting it to 30 gets the most out of the weapon before you get rid of it. If you sell a weapon before it reaches level 30, and you realise you want the mastery XP for getting it to level 30, you'll have to acquire it again, and it'll start at rank 0, not the rank you sold it at.

On Survival missions, you can complete the mission as soon as you've survived for 5 minutes by heading to extraction, and you don't have to complete every mission on your current planet to advance to the next planet, so you can skip Apollodorus and just go to Venus if you're having trouble on it. The longer you stay in survival, the stronger the enemies get, and they can quickly exceed the strength of a new player on the lower level missions.

And lastly, welcome to Warframe.

Braton's definitely a good weapon for now. I'd recommend Kunai for your secondary, I used that for the first 70 or so hours of playing, it's a very solid secondary. Orthos or Galatine are good melee choices as well. 

So far the Braton is working well for me. Thanks OP for the suggestion.

Uhm....Dethcube?

Yes, I used my Playstation $10.00 redemption code I received from Call Of Duty: Ghost on it.

Along with the change I had left in my Playstation store account.

Was the DETHCUBE a bad choice?

I choose it because it reminds me of a BORG ship. lol

Ah hello padawan welcome to the origin system. Glad that fellow Tenno from the PS4 region have come forth to learn knowledge from the veterans. 

Thank you, hope more PS4 Tenno's join soon!

As long as you have a Braton (not the MK-1 Braton), you can get whatever you want for your other weapon slots. Don't worry about getting a "bad" weapon, on low level enemies the weapon you use isn't that big of a deal, you'll have access to plenty of other weapons by the time you realise your current weapon isn't as effective as it once was.

For secondaries, the projectile weapons such as the Kunai (throwing knives), Hikou (throwing stars) and the Bolto (pistol that shoots bolts) are very long lasting just because of how their damage scales against high level enemies, but don't let that stop you getting a different weapon, you won't see much of a difference against the enemies you're currently facing.

For melees, I'd advise against the "heavy" melees until you get good mods for them, they're just too slow in my opinion without mods, and the higher damage they do on low level enemies is just overkill, a simple charge attack from a longsword will work just as well, and is also quicker. In fact, the only melee weapon I had was the Cronus even up to level 40-45 enemies, just because of how rarely I used melee, and I got by fine just by doing jump attacks (which can knock down some enemies).

For weapons that only cost credits, e.g. the Sicarus, Lex and Aklato (akimbo Latos, the starting pistol), consider trying them out, once bought they can be used instantly, unlike most other weapons that have to be crafted, which normally takes 12 hours. If you find out that you don't like them, you can always sell them back for credits which you'll find are very easy to acquire even after a few hours of playtime.

If you find that you don't like a weapon however, try to stick with it until it's level 30 (max rank for a weapon) before selling it, because each time you rank up a weapon, it gives you "mastery points" which are needed to advance to the next rank, so getting it to 30 gets the most out of the weapon before you get rid of it. If you sell a weapon before it reaches level 30, and you realise you want the mastery XP for getting it to level 30, you'll have to acquire it again, and it'll start at rank 0, not the rank you sold it at.

On Survival missions, you can complete the mission as soon as you've survived for 5 minutes by heading to extraction, and you don't have to complete every mission on your current planet to advance to the next planet, so you can skip Apollodorus and just go to Venus if you're having trouble on it. The longer you stay in survival, the stronger the enemies get, and they can quickly exceed the strength of a new player on the lower level missions.

And lastly, welcome to Warframe.

Thanks for the suggestions. They sound awesome, esp at a time where I'm looking to upgrading my Secondary.

Didn't know about "mastery points" I sold my MKI - BRATON.

Thanks for all the reading material, I'll be a regular here. :D

Good news I officially lost my mind. lol!!

The game has a few glitches, I encountered twice on one of my solo missions the doors would open up.

But wont let me through as if Gandalf was standing there trololing me. =(

379673_10151765654293309_828840010_n.jpg

1461179_10151765654803309_1674447342_n.j

I was messing around with the attachment upgrades for my arsenal and somehow I fused lightning with Cronus.
It's changed my whole gaming experience with WF. I'm having way more fun now!
Finally LVL 2 Rank 17, took the advice of upgrading to a BRATON. It's working much better for me!

Last night I finally figured how the touch pad on the PS4 controller works.
Swiping the pad in the assigned directions I was able to 3x jump, Slash dash, and Blind.
It has come in handy in tight situations, almost everyone I have come in contact with, have not been using their "specials" in battle.

Looking forward to more mods. In the mean time I've gotten a few friends to download WARFRAME and i've joined them on their first missions re-exploring the missions for hidden item and stocking up on items "farming?"

But after finishing a mission I was able to answer a lot of their questions.

I plugged the forums here, I hope the players I've meet pop up.

1450091_10151765655938309_1108223675_n.j

1469899_10151764774083309_430425283_n.jp

Was the DETHCUBE a bad choice?

I choose it because it reminds me of a BORG ship. lol

No. Dethcube is not a bad choice. In fact some say that the Deth Machine Rifle is the best sentinel weapon. And the Vaporize will help you early on, since the damage it does is pretty impressive (rank 0: 150 - rank 1: 300 - rank 2: 450 - rank 3-6: 600).

No. Dethcube is not a bad choice. In fact some say that the Deth Machine Rifle is the best sentinel weapon. And the Vaporize will help you early on, since the damage it does is pretty impressive (rank 0: 150 - rank 1: 300 - rank 2: 450 - rank 3-6: 600).

That is good to know, I actually watched some youtube videos on how to set it up just now.

Can't wait to go home an vaporize some bad guys.