Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Orb Vallis Missing Mining Vein Textures

VladYvhv

This is one example of a bugged mining texture in Orb Vallis. Sadly, it is not the only permutation of this bug. The vein texture may be there with the glowy dots missing (this is a more common version of the bug, and also occurs in the Plains and on Deimos), the vein texture may be missing with glowy dots still there (as shown), or the texture and glowy dots may be missing (this happened with a vein across the road from where I was taking this screenshot, and a couple of veins in a cave across the map).

Screenshot_447.png

Screenshot_449.png

Screenshot_448.png

• 3 months later...

In Orb Vallis I also sometimes experience that the vein texture is there but the glowy dots (the drilling spots) are missing. When I then blindly scan the area with the beam, I can hit a drilling spot if I'm lucky and the thermometer gauge ring appears. So the drilling spots are still there, but they are invisible.

• 2 months later...

Yesterday I did a testing. I traveled through the Orb Vallis and also explored almost every cave examining veins.

Results: 322 veins were examined.

• 288 veins (89.4%) revealed all blue drilling spots.
  • 11 veins (3.4%) didn't reveal all blue drilling spots.
  • 23 veins (7.1%) revealed no blue drilling spots.

I didn't make categories for missing vein textures, because at the moment I find the missing drilling spots more annoying. In a future test I will probably also make categories for missing vein textures.
Here is an example of a vein not revealing the blue drilling spots:

zxszaZ0.png

Over the last 3 days I did another testing in the Orb Vallis.

Results: 388 veins were examined.

• 319 (82.2%): vein texture existing & all drilling spots revealed
  • 29 (7.5%): vein texture existing & not all drilling spots revealed (at least 1 spot is revealed)
  • 24 (6.2%): vein texture existing & no drilling spot revealed
  • 3 (0.8%): missing vein texture & all drilling spots revealed
  • 3 (0.8%): missing vein texture & not all drilling spots revealed (at least 1 spot is revealed)
  • 10 (2.6%): missing vein texture & no drilling spots revealed

Details:
vein texture existing: This means at least one small spot was visible, so I could identify the color of the vein.
If not all drilling spots were revealed with the first zooming in on the vein with the cutter, I always tried at least two other perspectives with new zooming in.
I didn't just mine at one location and reloaded the map. I traveled through the hole map (also through caves) (route is in the picture below) always equipped with the Sunpoint Plasma Drill mining every vein, that got in the detection range.

apMUA0h.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I did another testing in the Orb Vallis.

Results: 112 veins were examined.

• 106 (94.6%): vein texture existing & all drilling spots revealed
  • 4 (3.6%): vein texture existing & not all drilling spots revealed (at least 1 spot is revealed)
  • 2 (1.8%): vein texture existing & no drilling spot revealed
  • 0 : missing vein texture & all drilling spots revealed
  • 0 : missing vein texture & not all drilling spots revealed (at least 1 spot is revealed)
  • 0 : missing vein texture & no drilling spots revealed

Conclusion: So I think it improved significantly (82.2% in December -> 94.6% now).
Thanks DE. 👍

• 4 months later...

Archived