The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diary Of A Heartbroken Tenno

Gigatron-Prime

It's like the game was released to an untested, uninterested market who expect games on their platform to actually be games, not betas. It's like time was wasted trying to trick people with marketing that Warframe is the hottest thing since Tribes: Ascend. It's like time was wasted porting said game in an attempt to make more money off the ignorance of the consumer on said untested platform. All this was done instead of bug fixes, core game design reworks and making fun experiences for the player. Now all future developers who want to make F2P games for consoles will understand not to release Alpha/Beta games on consoles, unless it is a marketing campaign like a Killzone 3 beta, Bad Company 2 beta, etc.

This game had no business being on the PS4 until it was actually a game. I feel bad for PS4 players, I feel bad for PC players. The PC players have tried earnestly to inform DE that a lot of what they are doing is foolish or a waste of time. What essentially ignoring us netted, was the further maligning of new players and a whole market of people. The PC player got nothing in return. The hours given playing a minimum viable product, submitting bugs and feedback, reaped nothing as the PS4 users were delivered the same shoddy "game". This post is exactly what I expected the response to be from PS4 users, they don't get it. They weren't here for the bullS#&$ and promise, they got an untainted look at the game and passed judgement. That judgement being: "What's so special about Warframe? Let's play something else."

My Galatine begs to differ. True Tenno combat combines ranged and melee attacks.

Equipping a Galatine does nothing to increase blocking viability or making it so evasive rolls and dodges make you harder to hit.  These things were advertised in trailers.

Drama queen story much? And a true tenno combines both mele and guns. Also you cant expect to do everything in the trailler without even having mods on.. If she is that impatient to not even give the game a fair chance and you did not use the good judgement to ask her to then why are you making this thread?

Drama queen?  You know how they say sex sells?  So do tears.  Also, not having mods on shouldn't make things impossible like it probably feels to new players.  Hard, sure - impossible, probably not for things considering core mechanics by DE.  A few mods help with blocking, but are still considered inferior to the "must have" mods.  And there are no mods out there to make dodging possible against hitscan weapons.

Again why would you charge into melee when there's a group of someone's pointing guns at you?

Why wouldn't you dodge into cover, sneak along from another angle then pop out behind them?

Again. No one advertised you can charge into a wall of gunfire.

Again, dodging into cover does nothing once enemies are alerted.  There is no sneaking once enemies are alerted, or at least not too much of a point (though occasionally i seem to be able to pull off a stealth attack/get a kill on an unalerted enemy even once I've been spotted, so who knows?), and the angle of attack does not seem to matter.

And for everyone saying use this use that, things that are considered core mechanics shouldn't be only viable under very specific circumstances.  Either DE should make them work and effectively so, or remove them from the Trailers and announce to use that these mechanics just aren't fitting in with the game right now and are being pulled.  Leaving them in the game in the state they are currently in makes no sense.

New players drawn in by what will feel like false advertisement will leave and not come back.  That is bad for the rest of us who are still here, because we will feel their "lost" money.  Contradict and "go after" the OP all you want, but all they are doing is asking for changes and also foreshadowing to a bad place for this game.

lol u totally didnt get the meaning of OP's post 

lol u totally didnt get the meaning of my post

seriously melee should be more than a single weapon.

Exactly.

Equipping a Galatine does nothing to increase blocking viability or making it so evasive rolls and dodges make you harder to hit.  These things were advertised in trailers.

There is a difference between making the most of a bad situation, and complaining that the one thing you wanted in this game hasn't been added yet.

We have viable melee options for the time being. It's just a waiting game now.

warframe has all the things to not be just a shooter, but DE still hasn´t done anythin special, like making didge usefull, blocking usefull, wallruning useful, and not being rhino usefull.

the things are there.

they could make blocking more effective in 1000 and 1 different ways. they didn´t do that.

they could make rolling give you invulnerability frames, or make enemies not land all of their shots on you.when you roll. they didn`t do that.

they could make wallrunning make enemies not land all of their shots. again, they didn´t do that

all the things are there. i have no idea what they haven´t been polished.

Unless you choose to and you have a strong Warframe, it's just impractical to use a non-range melee weapon in this game, combat takes place at medium to long range. Why in the world would I close with a enemy when I can bring down multiple enemies from a distance to no harm to me. The stealth mechanic in this game is almost non-existent which makes using melee weapons a waste.  As I said the only reasons I see to using melee weapos is either because you choose to or your ranking it up.

1) The Forums are filled with experienced and helpful Tenno,..

Any questions u may have, just ask, and im sure someone will try to help as best they can,..

2) You can learn allot from reading the stickied posts on top of the General discussion site,

especially the "Combo moves discovered" and the "Boss locations and special drops"

and i disagree with the melee not being useful, you just needs to mod your melee weapons to be effective,.

and there are frames that exel more than others at melee, Ash and the new Berserker frames are/will be quite good at melee

Edited by D3ST

Wait, when did any trailer ever advertise stealth instead of running through and murdering everything?

Oh...I don't know, maybe the one DE just put out where the Tenno sneak attack the two Corpus mooks.  Looked to be the equivalent to Stealth Kill animaitons to me.  If it was to be reflective of actual gameplay as it stands now, those two should have been lit up from MPrime and then hosed down with bullets for a massive explosion which then alerted other Corpus five rooms away, who then set off alarms everywhere causing the Tenno to be locked down in the room just outside of Alad V's.

Ugh, too much cynacism, sorry.

That's because you are spammign your melee weapon that is a reskin of 200 others for mastery.

You're being more ineffecient then if you were to actually use guns and you know it.

Whut. Galatine a reskin? Wait wait wait. 5,000 damage is a RESKIN? I fail to follow your logic here.

I think he is talking about how most melee weapons are too similar to each other, but I see how you could make the jump that he meant Galantine only.

Well he specifically replied to the galatine being a reskin of 200 others. But yeah no, even then the only melee weapons that are similar are a smattering of longswords, and one or two fist weapons. If you wanna say "Well you either use charge attacks or just mash the e button" I could say you just click click click with a primary/secondary too. He's being /too/ general, so much so that it creates and adverse effect.

As a fairly new player, I agree with the OP. Even though I have enough mods to make myself feel powerful, the reality is that the only reason I can get through even level 30 missions solo is that I have a frame with invisibility, and a potatoed Hek. Warframe is a race for the highest numbers and right off the bat, your girlfriend was left behind in the dust. I wish for melee to be viable, but if the only way melee is viable is a Galatine, a potato, and dozens of hours of leveling mods, then there's something wrong. I wish parkour wasn't an afterthought. As a huge fan of stealth games, I wish stealth was actually a thing in Warframe. I didn't sign up for the closed beta in order to grind for mod and weapon levels; I did it to whack stuff with a sword and have fun.

Ha! nonsense, if your style is shooting everything, that's up to you. "Just use your gun" meh.

And since you are here, instead of a sad story, you'd could just point out what the game need to improve (there are several threads for that)

I really want the game to be more stealth and stick in the shadow style, and i know they're working on it, in the meantime i try my best to enjoy the game. O3O 

Oh...I don't know, maybe the one DE just put out where the Tenno sneak attack the two Corpus mooks.  Looked to be the equivalent to Stealth Kill animaitons to me.  If it was to be reflective of actual gameplay as it stands now, those two should have been lit up from MPrime and then hosed down with bullets for a massive explosion which then alerted other Corpus five rooms away, who then set off alarms everywhere causing the Tenno to be locked down in the room just outside of Alad V's.

Ugh, too much cynacism, sorry.

Except that was the old thrown out footage and being in the DC you should know that, it was thrown out of the full trailer due to not fitting the flow.

When I first started Warframe I enjoyed melee alot. It was just running around slashing and charging but it felt good. I dont remember dying much but maybe its because I'm an excal and used the slash dash to AoE or run away.

When I got to craft the cronus, I was pretty damn excited. The damage buff was instantaneously noticeable. Things just felt right. I started learning to slide slash and boy was that fun. Didn't know damn about game mechanics but had hellaluva good time slashing infested - its like slicing butter.

For my next upgrade, I had a tough time choosing between Dual Heat swords or Dual Ether Sword. Finally went with DE cuz it looked cool. Best choice ever. With my Excal I'm a crazy ninja slide slashing the entire level. Felt real good cuz you could chain your slide slash in different directions - doing massive damage to mobs in a very controllable manner. I spent my first ever potato on my DE. Had more than 13k kills with my DE while my primary and secondaries had maybe 2.5k max.

Used DE exclusively from Mastery 2 to Mastery 5. Back then, as I don't have AP mod for melee, killing grineers was a pain. Tried Fragor for it's armor ignore. Never hit off. Took me a damn long time to lvl anything at all as I was very reliant on melees to level. Then they released Orthos and it was the sweet sweet replacement I'm looking for. Been using as my reliable melee when I need one.

Point is. If you want to just enjoy the game with melee, it can be everything you need. If you want to min-max, then forget about enjoying the quirks melee weapons have and just gun away. Many different reasons to play, some of them are not effective by a long shot, but viable and fun.