Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb vallis hunting is nice

Frendh

Yeah I love organic hunting.   I think there are some things that could be improved still..   

-A range indicator or a freaking visual indicator of the direction of an animal when looking through tranq gun would be #1.

-In Orb Vallis especially, animals have specific zones.   Like Sawgaws = mushrooms.    If your around Mushrooms sawgaws just spawn endlessly it seems like...  There should be more variation.   If u catch a sawgaw and are still hanging around mushrooms the next animal to spawn should NOT be a sawgaw or should NOT be in the mushrooms. 

-FIX IT so that every animal you can hunt shows up on the freaking radar if you have the radar range for it.   Some do, some do not, and from my experience it keeps changing.  AND OR make their radar ping a different color to stand out from normal enemies!!

--------------

For poop hunting....

-For the love of god make animals tracks to the foodsite VERY APPARENT.   Giant massive glowing trails would be totally fine.   Forgetting the tracks and just showing us where the foodsite is would be totally fine.   Letting us call right from the poop site would be totally fine!!   Anything that isnt follow the barely visible horrible animal footprints that blend in with the terrain.. 

Poop hunting is still very useful way to hunt when you need specific animals.  

--------------------------

Overall though.... hunting in PoE/OV becomes meaningless.   It a great way to earn standing but what is there to spend your standing on???   PoE has a little bit of decorations,  food baskets, spices,  sign posts, a BOOT!!!!,  captura....  How many of that crap do you need?  Does that sound like rewards people will keep farming for???    Where the hell is the kuva??? The Relic packs??  The nitain??  The orokin catalysts/reactors????    The rivens??  The ayatan???     All the things people would happily farm standing for infinitely ????????

Cambion Drift hunting was ruined by the Entrati economy system...   You cant really hunt for standing.    Granny is the only one with crap worth buying and thats ust decorations and captura.   The entrati have almost NOTHING to purchases with pure entrati standing.   Granny doesnt have any of the things mentioned above.    Son or Granny could easily host veteran player rewards like above.   Son animal tag economy could be redone to give entrati standing or granny tokens.   AKA so hunting animals could be used to get rewards.

=================

In many ways Warframe is a sci-fi game where things dont have to be realistic.   But hunting/tracking/technology is an area where Warframe actually feels like it move backwards to a dumber less tech science fiction place.

You have this piece of military hardware that can do uneblievable things with their attacks.....but they cant see or track enemies??   They cant tell what direction a sound is coming from???   They have nothing built in that lets them analyze what they are looking at???  

I mean look at Horizon and Aloy... she has a little tiny triangle that does all that crap...  but a big bad warframe built for war cant...(not unless you get a bunch of mods and scanners and squint really hard)

I guess it fits.   Warframes cant even figure out how to add a hook or belt or something to attach a data masss to so they can go hands free for the fighting... no their super advanced strategy to deal with data masses is to carry it around in one hand (and toss it on the ground if you need 2 hands to do something lol)

On 2022-08-12 at 11:54 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Yeah I love organic hunting.   I think there are some things that could be improved still..   

-A range indicator or a freaking visual indicator of the direction of an animal when looking through tranq gun would be #1.

-In Orb Vallis especially, animals have specific zones.   Like Sawgaws = mushrooms.    If your around Mushrooms sawgaws just spawn endlessly it seems like...  There should be more variation.   If u catch a sawgaw and are still hanging around mushrooms the next animal to spawn should NOT be a sawgaw or should NOT be in the mushrooms. 

-FIX IT so that every animal you can hunt shows up on the freaking radar if you have the radar range for it.   Some do, some do not, and from my experience it keeps changing.  AND OR make their radar ping a different color to stand out from normal enemies!!

--------------

For poop hunting....

-For the love of god make animals tracks to the foodsite VERY APPARENT.   Giant massive glowing trails would be totally fine.   Forgetting the tracks and just showing us where the foodsite is would be totally fine.   Letting us call right from the poop site would be totally fine!!   Anything that isnt follow the barely visible horrible animal footprints that blend in with the terrain.. 

Poop hunting is still very useful way to hunt when you need specific animals.  

--------------------------

Overall though.... hunting in PoE/OV becomes meaningless.   It a great way to earn standing but what is there to spend your standing on???   PoE has a little bit of decorations,  food baskets, spices,  sign posts, a BOOT!!!!,  captura....  How many of that crap do you need?  Does that sound like rewards people will keep farming for???    Where the hell is the kuva??? The Relic packs??  The nitain??  The orokin catalysts/reactors????    The rivens??  The ayatan???     All the things people would happily farm standing for infinitely ????????

Cambion Drift hunting was ruined by the Entrati economy system...   You cant really hunt for standing.    Granny is the only one with crap worth buying and thats ust decorations and captura.   The entrati have almost NOTHING to purchases with pure entrati standing.   Granny doesnt have any of the things mentioned above.    Son or Granny could easily host veteran player rewards like above.   Son animal tag economy could be redone to give entrati standing or granny tokens.   AKA so hunting animals could be used to get rewards.

=================

In many ways Warframe is a sci-fi game where things dont have to be realistic.   But hunting/tracking/technology is an area where Warframe actually feels like it move backwards to a dumber less tech science fiction place.

You have this piece of military hardware that can do uneblievable things with their attacks.....but they cant see or track enemies??   They cant tell what direction a sound is coming from???   They have nothing built in that lets them analyze what they are looking at???  

I mean look at Horizon and Aloy... she has a little tiny triangle that does all that crap...  but a big bad warframe built for war cant...(not unless you get a bunch of mods and scanners and squint really hard)

I guess it fits.   Warframes cant even figure out how to add a hook or belt or something to attach a data masss to so they can go hands free for the fighting... no their super advanced strategy to deal with data masses is to carry it around in one hand (and toss it on the ground if you need 2 hands to do something lol)

Agree with pretty much all of this:

+1 Agree organic hunting is much more fun than tracking, at least for me

+1 you're right about the sawgaw spawns in particular

+1 I really would appreciate a direction indicator at the very least. I had one I finally had to abandon because I never found it and didn't even know what direction to look.

+1 the tracks in the orb vallis got a lot harder to see with the update

+1 the rewards for hunting in the plains and the vallis are pathetic. I've never used any of my tags for the plains or for the vallis because I'm not interested in floofs. Tons of potential for pet stuff here if nothing else, like genetics, more fur colors, ornaments, pet-specific ephemeras, pet skins, or even unique pets that can only be obtained after becoming a master hunter of some kind - which is one thing I liked about Deimos - at least you got a bunch of cool companions out of it, craftable ones at that. I think this was a move in a great direction as far as hunting rewards go - although you're right about the standing issues for any kind of sustained hunting there.

Archived