Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Co-op Murmurs and Lich/Sisters

mordzerat

It has become common practice for players to NOT kill their lich or siter until get ALL 3 requiems in order to keep the level of their lich / sister low.

I just had to sit through an entire match where all my teammates did this and I aborted the mission.

This runs counter to what lich/sister is all about, and I consider this a bug. A teammate of mine can "skip" his lich, but here I am having to kill it, in order to have my own lich spawn. This should be sorted out.

If a player "skips" a.k.a. does not attempt to parazon his lich while in matchmaking, the lich/sister should go up one level as if the player failed his Requiem.

Thanks.

• How can this bug be reproduced?
    • Reliable steps that cause the bug are the single most helpful thing to us! If your steps aren't 100% reliable, how common is the issue?  (every mission? once a week? seen once ever?), EVERY lich/sister matchmaking in the early planets. This only happens on Earth and Venus.
    • What kind of squad were you in? Solo, host, client?  Client in a 4 player squad
    • Which element(s) of the game are affected. Lich murmurs, Lich gameplay.

EDIT: 

Even better fix, would be if the player who had the lich spawn did not kill it in 3 turns. Then ANY of the squad members can kill it and gain lich intel. And BOTH the player who had the lich spawn and the player who killed it will get a lich level up.

This is a rather ignorant post. Obviously, you don't understand the lich system, and why people would not want to keep fighting level 5 liches all the time. You do gain murmurs from people not killing their liches, so you're complaining about a game mechanic that can benefit you just as much as the people you're playing with. I have suspicions that you're complaining to troll people.

Liches can (and often do) show up even before one has obtained ANY murmurs. By not stabbing the lich, you obtain murmurs (as do your squad mates). It may not be a case of the person waiting for all 3 to be known. It may simply be a case of the person not having Oull and not knowing what to attempt to stab with (because, again, they don't have enough murmors completed, but the lich still shows up). Your suggestions would just result in all but the luckiest of players being forced to fight level 5 liches. If you don't like the tactic and the murmurs you gain from other people doing this, then stick to solo only lich hunting.

A better suggestion would be for Liches to not be able to show up until at least 1 murmur is known, and repeat this process for each stab attempt, until all murmurs are known. Because, quite honestly, there's no logic to punishing people for something beyond their control. Most of us aren't using Requiem Ultimatum to summon them into the missions. The RNG has simply decided that it's time for Lich A to show up. This can be annoying for players, as we likely don't have the murmurs to know what to try stabbing the lich with. And if we just randomly stab at them, then they gain a level and move on to the next world. Or, possibly, have an option for a person to tell their lich "not now" and simply abort its spawn-in with no effect on the lich's level.

• 4 weeks later...

well, i understand why people do this - even though i would expect any player with MR 15 or higher to having any problems dealing with even lvl5 lich/sisters in solo runs... but in the end, if you play with random players, you can't dictate how they do their lichs (or not). play with others who actively wants to hunt lichs/sisters either with friends/clan mates or via recruting channel... or just suffer a few more minutes by downing the other players lichs/sisters 3 times - since they didn't level them up, it shouldn't be too much trouble.

and last but not least: this isn't a bug and therefore should be posted into the 'feedback', not here in the bug section...

Archived