Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galantine Mods?

Krague

Question

Hey fellow tenno:) So ya I potato my galantine and everything ready to smash some faces when I heard the pressure point dont add charge damage.

I made some test for myself and its true that I did the same damage wiht or without pressure point of even elemental damage.

Now I have no idea what is good a a galantine charge attack stile:P what is the best possible galantine charge mods?

PS: I dont care if I have to forma every single slot I just wana have the perfect galantine so I can one shot ancient!:)

21 answers to this question

do elemental damage effect the charge attack? I didnt see any increase damage when I put them in but it alsi said that my sentinel have 0 armor and I know it have alot of bug with those number just wondering I plan on doing just charge attack is fury good?

If you kill an enemy with nothing but the weapon's base damage, you won't see any elemental damage numbers appear, because that damage was never dealt. But yes, elemental damage does still apply to charge damage, and it's much stronger with the Galatine, because the base damage is so high.

GroundTrooper's recommended build is okay, but I'd personally replace North Wind with Focus Energy, the extra speed is very helpful.

If you kill an enemy with nothing but the weapon's base damage, you won't see any elemental damage numbers appear, because that damage was never dealt. But yes, elemental damage does still apply to charge damage, and it's much stronger with the Galatine, because the base damage is so high.

GroundTrooper's recommended build is okay, but I'd personally replace North Wind with Focus Energy, the extra speed is very helpful.

My choice of North Wind over Focus Energy is based on the fact that whenever i swing my Galatine it's prepared well in advance and therefore the extra speed from Focus Energy is not needed, plus electrical damage is meh at best.

Killing Blow, Corrupt Charge, Rending Strike, Fury, Reflex Coil, Sundering Strike, Molten Impact & North Wind.

Keeping Molten impact when fighting infested only is a great idea.

I would keep the North Wind and replace Molten Impact in mixed company or against other single factions.

I prefer a crit-focused (True Steel + Organ Shatter) and the fastest charge speed possible (Reflex Coil + Focus Energy) build myself.

Thanks for the reminder it has more than decent crit potential.

Edited by Keiiken

Personally this is what I use when facing non infested if using Loki. 1 forma.

With cloakiness the swing speed and range doesn't matter that much but I need to make effort to get close to them.

I understand another forma let's me add elemental damage which will crit harder, but current mechanics make it nonviable due to scaling armor. And the charge speed is already slow thanks to corrupt charge.... So I think it's not worth it. Yet.

I can get average of like 16K+ damage on red crits, I even seen 18k+ before.

But hey, it does job to one shot dudes.

VVecxsa.jpg

Edited by fatpig84

I prefer a crit-focused (True Steel + Organ Shatter) and the fastest charge speed possible (Reflex Coil + Focus Energy) build myself.

I want to use those, but the percentages are just so bad -- particularly True Steel at 60%. It brings 25% to 40%...which isn't a huge increase in DPS. Organ Shatter has a better percentage at 90%, bringing the total crit damage to 380%.

I think Rending Strike for more AP damage and Crit damage, Killing Blow as usual, and Focus Energy + Reflex coil are necessary on the Galatine.

I want to use those, but the percentages are just so bad -- particularly True Steel at 60%. It brings 25% to 40%...which isn't a huge increase in DPS. Organ Shatter has a better percentage at 90%, bringing the total crit damage to 380%.

I think Rending Strike for more AP damage and Crit damage, Killing Blow as usual, and Focus Energy + Reflex coil are necessary on the Galatine.

Crit build is what makes the Galatine shine at higher levels, because after a certain level, elemental damage does like 1 to 2 damage against mobs due to the insane armor mobs have. Even on scoring crits.

Only AP will remain viable, and critical hits can multiply that AP damage to the necessary value needed for decent damage.

Of course 2.0 will change it, but how ? I don't know.

Edited by fatpig84

Crit build is what makes the Galatine shine at higher levels, because after a certain level, elemental damage does like 1 to 2 damage against mobs due to the insane armor mobs have. Even on scoring crits.

Only AP will remain viable, and critical hits can multiply that AP damage to the necessary value needed for decent damage.

Of course 2.0 will change it, but how ? I don't know.

I am fully aware of how armor scales. I am just still not convinced that True Steel is good enough to use over another DPS increasing mod like Fury or even Reach. Being able to swing 50% faster makes a big difference in Galatine's DPS, more so than another 15% crit.

Organ Shatter I am fine with, since its percentage is good enough.

To each is own though, but after using Fury on Galatine...I'm never going back.