The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Found a glitch alowing no dragon keys to be consumed while there's an active NW challenge for it.

EDM774

Ok so I've known about this since last nightwave but until now I wasn't able to reproduce it with 100% accuracy so I assumed it was random. Turns out it is only present while the Nightwave challenge is active so the first 3 missions can be completed without consuming a key and the 4th that finishes the challenge also consumes a key.
To reproduce this you need TItania. This was done solo with all 4 keys equipped.

1st you transfer out of your frame while in pixie form (4th ability active) before you unlock the vault, unlock the vault and collect the artifact with your operator. After that just transfer back to your frame and if the artifact glow isn't present around your frame then you know a key won't be consumed. After the NW challenge is completed the glow is very faint and looks green (like the sentinel healing beam FX) but on mission complete it is fully visible around the frame that's when you know the key got consumed.

completing the first 3 missions didn't consume any of my keys.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=979&height=552

unknown.png?width=983&height=552

after the 4th mission completes the challenge, faint green FX around frame indicates key will be consumed

Spoiler

unknown.png

Completed 2 more missions after the challenge was completed to verify it only works while it is active and indeed my keys were consumed each time and I did the exact same method every run.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=983&height=553

Hello, just wanna add things..

This bug is not only happening in nightwave missions, it's always there and I think I figured out how to reproduce this. I would love to put a YT link for a video proof but I cant upload atm cuz my internet sucks but this is how I reproduce this bug

I use Titania prime with speed build and thats all. after or before capturing the target (doesn't really matter) find the door.
Now to reproduce this bug, run a solo deimos horend. while in Titania's ult, pop your operator/drifter in front of the vault door and open it as soon as possible, then boom, no keys is consumed.

I did a 5 test runs (only solo though) and it didn't consume a single key yet I got the mods. I even tried restarting my warframe and the keys are still there not consumed.

now to sum things up, the bug happens when you switch to operator and open the vault as soon as your operator popped out.

Think what happened to me is linked to this. 

Mine was public, but the Vault wasn't found quick enough for the others so they dropped and I was alone. I had a hobbled and a decaying on me only. Found the Vault, in Razorwing. 

Jumped into Operator, clicked the door immediately. As I did, I realised the tag said "extinguished"...but it opened. Got the mod, paused for a second wondering if I was going crazy, then jumped back into frame and did get the glowy aura, but extracted and still had my own keys. I'm assuming it tried to use the extinguished key on extraction but it fizzled since I didn't have one equipped. 

Guess both variations are due to the game failing to recognise the link between the entity carrying the keys and the entity interacting in that brief post/pre transference window when the frame is in a different state because of razorwing, and so the checks run - does entity have key X, apply -1 to key X stock, etc. - don't target correctly, but instead of failing the trigger interaction and requiring the player to click again, it has already completed the interaction - open door, pick up mod - so just fizzles the conditional effect and doesn't get triggered to retry it. 

On 2022-08-29 at 7:47 AM, EDM774 said:

Ok so I've known about this since last nightwave but until now I wasn't able to reproduce it with 100% accuracy so I assumed it was random. Turns out it is only present while the Nightwave challenge is active so the first 3 missions can be completed without consuming a key and the 4th that finishes the challenge also consumes a key.
To reproduce this you need TItania. This was done solo with all 4 keys equipped.

1st you transfer out of your frame while in pixie form (4th ability active) before you unlock the vault, unlock the vault and collect the artifact with your operator. After that just transfer back to your frame and if the artifact glow isn't present around your frame then you know a key won't be consumed. After the NW challenge is completed the glow is very faint and looks green (like the sentinel healing beam FX) but on mission complete it is fully visible around the frame that's when you know the key got consumed.

completing the first 3 missions didn't consume any of my keys.

Hide contents

unknown.png?width=979&height=552

unknown.png?width=983&height=552

after the 4th mission completes the challenge, faint green FX around frame indicates key will be consumed

Hide contents

unknown.png

Completed 2 more missions after the challenge was completed to verify it only works while it is active and indeed my keys were consumed each time and I did the exact same method every run.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png?width=983&height=553

On 2022-08-29 at 9:18 AM, OsirisPrime2 said:

Hello, just wanna add things..

This bug is not only happening in nightwave missions, it's always there and I think I figured out how to reproduce this. I would love to put a YT link for a video proof but I cant upload atm cuz my internet sucks but this is how I reproduce this bug

I use Titania prime with speed build and thats all. after or before capturing the target (doesn't really matter) find the door.
Now to reproduce this bug, run a solo deimos horend. while in Titania's ult, pop your operator/drifter in front of the vault door and open it as soon as possible, then boom, no keys is consumed.

I did a 5 test runs (only solo though) and it didn't consume a single key yet I got the mods. I even tried restarting my warframe and the keys are still there not consumed.

now to sum things up, the bug happens when you switch to operator and open the vault as soon as your operator popped out.

This is whats called an exploit and should be sent through Zendesk and not through the forums. Though when you do send exploit reports through Zendesk, you might end up getting Gate-kept like me.

PS: the ticket ID for my gate kept exploit that was reported through Zendesk is; #2910829

Archived