Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[UI] Theorem Arcanes buff indicator on the UI does not refresh at max stacks, though the buff itself does

ShogunGunshow

After doing some testing, it appears that Theorem arcanes currently have a bug where, at max stacks, standing in Residual fields no longer causes their buff icon to refresh. It's apparently been this way since release, and I had assumed - wrongly - that these buffs were meant to fall off once hitting max stacks.

I got suspicious, however, when testing Theorem Demulcent, because I noticed that there was a period after the buff fell off when I still couldn't acquire a Theorem buff ... And then would inexplicably be able to ~10-20 seconds later.

So I did some more testing, using Oberon and some level 14 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. 

Methodology:

1 - Casted Smite at the gunners, the orbs did 75 damage to the units around the target, establishing a baseline. This is what Smite should do to these targets with no buff.

2 - Killed targets with kitgun arcane to proc enough Residual fields to cap out Theorem Demulcent at x15, or +180% damage.

3 - Casted Smite again with buff. Orbs now did 211 damage to targets. This is expected from +180% damage (actually it would be 210 but there's no doubt a hidden decimal and rounding going on.)

4 - Before the Theorem buff could fall off, I procced another Residual field and then, with a few seconds left on Theorem, stood in it. The UI indicator for the Theorem buffs did not refresh, and the buff appeared to fall off.

5 - I then cast Smite a few seconds after the buff appeared to fall off, but the damage was still 211, only dropping back down to 75 ~20 seconds, the time since I left the Residual field. This seemed to indicate, that despite the UI indicating otherwise, the buff had refreshed at max stacks, even after the timer had visually expired.

6 - I repeated the test, only this time, after the Theorem buff fell off, I continued to proc Residual fields in rapid succession, not allowing 20 seconds - the length of the Theorem Demulcent buff - between them. Standing in these fields, Theorem Demulcent did not appear as a buff on my UI. However, the damage buff continued in the background until I stopped proccing and standing in Residual fields. It had been minutes since the buff had fallen off my bar, but I was still able to keep the effect going long past that. 

What I suspect is happening here is that whatever flag is used to indicate to the UI that a buff can refresh at max stacks was not properly added to the Theorem arcanes. The game UI thinks that they've fallen off, while the game mechanics continue refreshing the effect in the background. This disagreement also explains why you can't reacquire the buff on your UI until its fallen off in the background - the UI wants to add a first stack, but according to the game it's already at max stacks, so the UI bugs out and won't indicate the buff, even though you've refreshed the effect in the background.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This bug still in the game.

Randomly stops working and starts working after a while, atleast the UI bugs out.

Here's me standing in a zone without getting the buffs:

Ic9uwss.jpeg

Here's it randomly working again for a brief moment:

bamF3YP.jpeg

Here's the build I was using:

VvVYLGW.jpeg

Sporelacer build:

JzPQ7i6.jpeg