The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Might be a bug... I don't know...

Croxius_Alpha

So I was doing my 19th attempt at killing the Teralyst today, I was using my Chroma Prime equipped with Rubico Prime with an incomplete Eidolon hunter build. Normally that build wasn't strong enough to take down Terry before the 50 min timer ran out. I was doing pretty well in destroying Terry's shield even with a 1-1-1 amp (ungilded) and a rank 1 Void Strike. My main problem was with the armor, I just never could do enough damage to it before sunrise came. However, today I noticed that after about 10 minutes into the hunt when I broke the shield Terry's health was red instead of yellow signifying that he had no armor. Thus it only took 3 shots to destroy the last 2 sinovias and 4 shots for the head and I finally got my first Teralyst kill. At first I didn't think much of it since I was too excited for my achievement. When I got back to my orbiter I thought about what happened and how weird it was, what could've removed the Teralyst's armor? Then it hit me, I had my panzer vulpaphyla with me. It had the swipe mod installed, so I thought could my pet have removed Terry's armor? But that didn't make any sense since terry is a boss level enemy and it had never done that with other bosses before so....

Could be a bug.... I don't know.....

Can anyone tell me if this had happened to them too? or is this something established?

P.S. I was doing the hunt solo and have no physical evidence since I never thought to record it in the middle of the fight...

11 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

It is possible to remove the Teralyst armor, if that's what you're asking.

As for how, seeing as you've used Madurai Focus school, I suspect you were using a melee with the Shattering Impact mod. Can you check your melee build?

I can't confirm or deny your Kavat could do it, since I never actually tested it.

I was using a stropha with Shattering Impact mod but I was mainly using it for killing the vomvalysts. Though, to be honest throughout the confusion of the fight I may not have noticed that I was hitting terry with it. I was so focused on killing Terry I may have not noticed certain details. Though I never knew you could armor strip terry. If that is something I can do then thank you soooo much for the info. It make solo Teralyst hunting easier.

3 minutes ago, Croxius_Alpha said:

Though, to be honest throughout the confusion of the fight I may not have noticed that I was hitting terry with it.

It's highly likely. Some of the voms could spawn right under Terry. If you were kinda frantic, it wouldn't be too surprising for it to happen.

4 minutes ago, Croxius_Alpha said:

Though I never knew you could armor strip terry. If that is something I can do then thank you soooo much for the info. It make solo Teralyst hunting easier.

Glad it worked out for you.

Archived