Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enable Option to Toggle Legacy Sounds on Older Guns?

domino89

Hey there Tenno and DE, would it be possible to implement a setting to enable legacy sfx for older guns?

Mainly on the mk1-braton, I loved the way it sounded in the past (I think pre-"Plains of Eidolon" era?)

The mk1-braton was my favorite gun to use (my stats will say otherwise), I logged on briefly maybe a few years ago and it did not sound the same after (less like a modern day Earth gun, and more muffled, I guess it's Corpus-esque now?) and well, I just gave up coming back.

I'm asking for help from the Tenno to drum up some traction on this thread and hopefully get DE to notice and to implement a way to allow the option to use legacy sfx on older weapons. 

I'm not sure if I qualify myself as Tenno anymore, I haven't played proper in years. I won't dive deep into it but life has been like a unsurmountable mountain these past few years. On the contrary, my infinitely fond memories of using the old mk1-braton + listening to it's shots keep me trudging on. DE, if that's not possible then I completely understand, at the very least I can still hear the sounds of it's flight on youtube...but wielding the mk1-braton with the legacy sfx, that would be amazing and it would help me reconnect with myself, with who I was. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I honestly wouldn't have posted this because I kept thinking "DE has released legacy color palettes so SFX soon, too right?" but it hasn't happened yet so here I am...asking to be a Tenno again.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

will be a hard "NO", old sound files don't even exist anymore in the game's files

I'm sure DE has the files stored as a backup somewhere else. They brought back the Xmas jingle bells background audio that's played on the Liset during the winter holidays every year, at least when I played pre-2019. 

On 2022-09-09 at 7:25 AM, domino89 said:

I'm sure DE has the files stored as a backup somewhere else. They brought back the Xmas jingle bells background audio that's played on the Liset during the winter holidays every year, at least when I played pre-2019. 

That is not brought "back" every year, it is literally just turned on thru the tuneables. When I say old audio, I mean anything that has been replaced entirely by different audio. Those files do not stay in the game, they are patched out. Otherwise, the games' size would become bloated with useless data.

Archived