Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Logging into Warframe doesn't really feel great anymore. (I mean the login process)

(XBOX)K1jker

I don't know how it is on other platforms, but my experience regarding logging in is really going down the drain because of 2 reasons:

a)

The cool UI tweaks we can make, all the color schemes and backgrounds, all the Warframe cosmetics we use, none of them are shown when first entering the login screen. It's basic Excalibur, and the basic background and colors. I really don't like it. I purchased a lot of different colors and backgrounds but I'm never greeted with them, especially with point b), I'm even denied to press the A button to login, because it's automatic with point b) which would've given me at least SOME time with the changes I made.

Isn't it possible to load user data directly after the launcher and or initial loading screen? I might misremember but I could swear the Warframe + cosmetics was visible directly after the first loading screen some time ago.. I'd appreciate if someone could confirm this. Ty 

And b)

The drifter camp. You can't begin to imagine how I always wanted a new place as a hub. The old orbiter is great and all but after so much time it got dull, and you surprised me, with the launch of the drifter camp which next week will even be built upon, but here's my personal issues with it.

1) it doesn't feel integrated into the game, it feels like some dlc that has to be loaded, literally. Every single login, the scene has to be loaded. It feels really irritating and most of the time I just roll my eyes because it's completely immersion breaking that I have to "crash" there every time instead of waking up there, like in the normal orbiter.

2) well, first let me congratulate you for reducing the time between the arsenal/foundry and navigation, it really has a big impact imho. However, it's still a weird black screen that pops up every movement change. And, as above, gets irritating very fast.

Maybe use something of railjack and add a cool animation (like boarding the forward artillery) so that it feels a bit more.. oomphy (idk if that's a word) when going to navigation manually. 

I'm well aware that it's obviously nothing easy to "fix and or change", I just wanted to make my voice heard that those 2 things are really nagging on my experience. To the point I wish quick resume on Xbox would just work on Warframe fully, so that I don't have to login anymore..

I'm pretty sure there's probably some guidelines when games can load what in regards to point a), but like I said, I'm pretty sure we kinda had custom logins at some point, at least the Warframe.

b) will probably get better over the years, and or maybe replaces the normal orbiter, or gets a redesign so that this black screen every change disappears. But either way, just wanted to write out the thoughts I've had the last couple dozens of logins. 

Ty, and ty for the update + free Styanax! Happy weekend. 

(I'm aware there's other drama going on, but those 2 things were on my mind since TNW)

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Isn't it possible to load user data directly after the launcher and or initial loading screen? I might misremember but I could swear the Warframe + cosmetics was visible directly after the first loading screen some time ago.. I'd appreciate if someone could confirm this. Ty 

thats what the game is supposed to do. what platform are you on? it might be broken for your platform for some reason. 

edit: im dumb, it shows next to the name what platform someone is on. maybe someone on xbox can confirm if the same thing is happening to them? 

Edited by SDGDen
  • Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb SDGDen:

thats what the game is supposed to do. what platform are you on? it might be broken for your platform for some reason. 

edit: im dumb, it shows next to the name what platform someone is on. maybe someone on xbox can confirm if the same thing is happening to them? 

Gerade eben schrieb Casardis:

I heard from others that consoles may have a local setting bug where the data isn't saved properly and is reset each time. It's actually unintended and hopefully DE are aware of this bug. On PC, things look fine and it's as it used to be.

Yh I assumed it's a console thing.. so this 8s what I see every login, excluding the login reward screen: 

9-11-2022_3-51-35_PM-bj2a2ucy.png

9-11-2022_3-51-44_PM-kb4edctu.png

I think it's both combined that made me snap and post about it, not sure.. but it's really irritating to me.

While I appreciate fast loading on series s, it still is a loading screen to load the hub.. which doesn't exist on the normal orbiter. And the.. boring login greeting, yeah.. :( 

• 8 months later...

I noticed something today regarding logging in:

When I had legacy and equinox colors and backgrounds, it actually worked as intended. 

But when I switched to the zephyr harrier color and background, it didn't work again.

So it does seem to be bugged, and not apply to newer colors and backgrounds. :( 

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker

• 6 months later...