Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence UI and Platinum

Valthryn

After checking out the Prime Resurgence offerings, I can say that the new "unvaulting" events are a welcome change, as we can now get unvaulting relics from any area of the game that we like to play! I do have some minor feedback about the new system, though.

First, the pettiest complaint: the UI. Could you please move the "Purchase Regal Aya" banner from the bottom right of the screen and integrate it with the rest of Varzia's shop inventory? It can be the exact same button, just in a different place. Having it in the bottom right of the screen away from the rest of the shop inventory and other UI elements strongly resembles the UI of many predatory free-to-play Korean MMOs and it might be a deterrent for people like myself who have experience with those games.

Secondly, the platinum values of the Regal Aya packs are mismatched with the previous values present in unvaultings. The maximum value used to be $60 for 1200 platinum + unvaulted items, now it is $80 for 1200 platinum + unvault pack and 5 extra Regal Aya, or $50 for the unvault pack and 600 platinum, or $20 for 3 Regal Aya and 200 platinum, and getting 1200 platinum for $60 is not possible. For many players, platinum is the factor that makes these packs worth purchasing, as you are essentially purchasing a ticket to any combination of player-tradable and market-bought items that adds up to that amount. Market price for player-tradable primes is often far below the unvaulting or prime access estimation, so for many players, the only reasons to purchase previous unvaultings or prime accesses are accessories, if desired, and platinum. The primes, even when currently offered by an unvaulting or Prime Access, are simply not worth the advertised prices. Khora Prime, for example is trading for about $5 as of writing this, with Hystrix Prime at about $3.50, and Dual Keres Prime also at about $5, when converting platinum to USD at the lowest possible rate of $5/75 platinum, as offered on the official website, with no discounts present, meaning that the "$100 value" Prime Access pack is only worth about $63.50, with $50 of that value being covered by the 1050 platinum included in the pack, assuming that platinum was purchased at the equal price point rate of the $50/1000 platinum pack, as offered on the official website. Even if purchased at the lowest possible rate of $5/75 platinum, the value would be $80 and change, with about $67 of the value coming from the platinum. Since the pack is sold for $50, it's still a better value than the non-discounted 1000 platinum pack at the same price point, but most of the value comes from the platinum itself.

All of this is to say that I think the platinum offering of the $80 pack should be equated to the original top tier value of $60/1200 platinum, as the market values of included primes fluctuate and are often far less than their listed values if they are even desired by a player at all.

Regarding the pricing of the Accessories, i refuse to spend money, because a) im not in line with the recent changes made to the game overall but more important b) i feel scammed. Earlier, i could buy the a single frame accessories bundle for 20 bucks. in this particular case, i'd get only 3 RAya for the same amount. sure i can mix-match. but does this justify 33% increase inprice? No. not at all. See, now i have to buy e.g. Jindou Prime syandana for 2 RAya and Isabeau Prime armor set for another 2 RAya, just for these 2 prime items i would pay 20 bucks earlier. Now i have to spend at least $40. For $40 bundle, i get 7 RAya in total which is STILL NOT ENOUGH to buy all the accessories (4 x 2 RAya = 8 RAyaya). which would have worked earlier. this is truly a Pity. Fellow people, please be smart and dont feed the troll.

Archived