Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nodes unification

Redwyrm

One of biggest problem Warframe currently struggles with - separation of game content.

I mean, seriously...

You want to do Kuva Flood - you run separate node that will have just Kuva Flood as extra content.

You want to do Nightmare (for nighitwave, or maybe you still fairly new player and actually want some of nightmare mods) - you run separate node for it.

You want to do Kuva Lich or Sister - likewise you run separate node for it.

As a comparison, look at Path of Exile, another very successful F2P game. More importantly they have one common feature - randomized procedural level generation. Yet in PoE right now you can sometimes have crap tons of content on single map (ignore following if you are not familiar with PoE, just listing of possible game content): Delirium + Incursion + Abyss + Breach + Beyond + Legion + Expedition + Strongboxes + Ritual + Blight + Essence + Shaper/Elder influence + Exarch/Eater influence.

And that's... AMAZING. I run just a single map yet was able to complete so much content on it.

Warframe really need to have the same. Stop separating planetary nodes for separate content. With exception for players who doesn't unlock specific content, in which case it will generate basic node without any extra content for them.

Every node have so many rooms - that you can very easily have game generate one content per room... where it actually even needs to be localized for one room, like Kuva Flood. Most content doesn't even need to be localized.

Similarly to PoE, it would be so much better if in Warframe single node will have.... not necessary all at once, but potentially: Sortie + Nightmare + Kuva Flood + Kuva Larving spawn (if you don't have active lich), or Kuva Lich (if Kuva Lich currently controls the node for the session's host) (or same for Sisters) + Syndicate + Void Fissure... possibly even Invasion. Last one sometimes changes node itself drastically. But mainly i still see no reason why it can't have other, if not all extra content.

And on top of that, I've talked about it early already - Steel Path should be simply a global modifier. You turn it on, and it applies to ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! So no longer you have to either do daily limited SP mission, or farm bluntly basic SP node.

Not only with that we can achieve so much more by running a single map. But will make matchmaking so much easier, since player will not be separated of doing physically the same node, but separated content for the same node.... with exception of Steel Path obviously. Those who turned on SP will be put in group with same players who turned on SP... which, let be honest - vast majority of players. because... why on earth after 1000+ hours you would NOT be willing to play game actually as an endgame content?.. Ok-ok, some ppl might prefer to play very-very casually, killing poor level 30 grineer with weapons that do over 2 million damage per shot. But after all, that's why it simply should be as option.

Ok then. How about. Semi-simple interface where you put what content for you is ok, and what not. Like simple checkboxes. It will simply exclude matchmaking that includes content you don't want to do.

But honestly, i don't see that would be a common "issue". Why would you want to waste your time to repeat same nodes, to do extra content, when you can do it all at once? I know for sure i would put all in if i can. The more content on the same node - the better. Not only more variety of gameplay in single gameplay session, but actually would save me some time, as high probability i would run that content latter anyway.

To be honest, i don't understand why DE separate even content like Kuva Larvling spawn. Why ppl have to be specifically on a standard node to even have chance for Kuva Larvling to spawn? Honestly, basic nodes should exist only for first map completion. After that, why would you possibly want to run standard node alone, if you can also do extra content in it.

Archived