Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Fishing: What am I missing?

Darthplagueis13

Question

So, I'm trying to rank up with the Entrati but to do so I'll need to craft two Mutagens which in turn require fishing materials. I've read on the wiki that the fish I need can be found in caves, especially in hot spots. So I head out, look for some caves, find a hot spot, place some bait and: Nothing. There's literally nothing spawning in. I'm just stuck sitting at the spot until the hot spot dissipates and there's not a single bloody fish in sight. I got no issues with the Orb Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon, but Deimos might as well be entirely fishless as far as I'm concerned. Sure, there's a few around, sometimes, but it's not the kind I need.

So I want to know: Am I missing something? Is there some kind of secret  hidden in plain sight that is an absolute requirement to have anything other than random infested spawn in?

4 answers to this question

Are you using the correct bait with the correct part of the  Vome/Fass cycle?

Because I've had this experience before, and it's usually the result of wrong bait during the wrong part of the cycle. Look things up, it will save you a great deal of frustration (although the randomness of the spawns means the RNG can just decide it hates you anyways.)

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (NSW)HedEmpTy:

Are you using the correct bait with the correct part of the  Vome/Fass cycle?

Because I've had this experience before, and it's usually the result of wrong bait during the wrong part of the cycle. Look things up, it will save you a great deal of frustration (although the randomness of the spawns means the RNG can just decide it hates you anyways.)

So only Fass bait works during Vome and vice versa?

9 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

Am I missing something?

No.  Fishing is buggy as f*** on Deimos.  I had this exact same problem when I was trying to level up Entrati as well.

Your best bet is to leave the Drift and re-enter, or restart the game (maybe even wait until the other Vome / Fass cycle?).

Archived