Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Green dots

Yperkeimenos

Hello, recently I've returned to Warframe and after installing the game I've noticed the appearance of a strange Green dot on the top upper left corner of the screen. When I press the "Shift" key ,which I have mapped for running, another Green dot appears and the screen resolution drops slightly but noticeably.

This phenomenon only happens in Warframe and I haven't encountered it on any other game or program that I'm running on my PC. I've tinkered endlessly with the Video options but to no avail. I'm attaching two screenshots where the one and two Green dots are visible, respectively ,on the top upper left corner of the shot. I hope you can help me find a solution because it's a bit annoying having the resolution change every time I run.

As a side note, I had to take the attached screenshots with the Windows "Snip & Sketch" tool because the dots wouldn't appear in regular screenshots taken by pressing the F6 key. Also I'm posting here after I contacted technical support and was encouraged to do so. Thank you.

Edit: I don't know if it's relevant or not but I've noticed that when the second dot is present the VRAM usage drops as well. I guess it's because of the lower resolution. This is shown on the lower left corner, of the screenshots, where the game stats are displayed. With one dot present the VRAM usage was 681 MB but when I pressed the shift key, and the second dot appeared, the Vram usage dropped to 351 MB.

yD8jCa7.pngtPKxrkY.png

Did a quick google search it seems to be radeon boost.

"AMD Radeon™ Boost dynamically lowers resolution of the entire frame when fast on-screen character motion is detected via user input, allowing for higher FPS with little perceived impact to quality. Originally supporting select DirectX® 11 games, this feature now takes advantage of the variable rate shading hardware found on the Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics cards and supported DirectX® 12 titles delivering extra performance and increased responsiveness while you play."

"Radeon™ Boost is an optional feature which can be toggled on and off during gameplay by pressing an assigned hotkey. The default hotkey is ALT+K and can be changed under the Hotkeys menu."

To fix this either turn off radeon boost or switch the hotkey to something you would never press.

4 hours ago, Mazifet said:

Did a quick google search it seems to be radeon boost.

"AMD Radeon™ Boost dynamically lowers resolution of the entire frame when fast on-screen character motion is detected via user input, allowing for higher FPS with little perceived impact to quality. Originally supporting select DirectX® 11 games, this feature now takes advantage of the variable rate shading hardware found on the Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics cards and supported DirectX® 12 titles delivering extra performance and increased responsiveness while you play."

"Radeon™ Boost is an optional feature which can be toggled on and off during gameplay by pressing an assigned hotkey. The default hotkey is ALT+K and can be changed under the Hotkeys menu."

To fix this either turn off radeon boost or switch the hotkey to something you would never press.

Thank you very much fellow Tenno. I pressed Alt + K, in game, and the dots disappeared. Strange thing is, I don't recall activating Radeon Boost at any point.  Probably I must have pressed Alt + K without realizing it and then didn't know what to do or something else happened ,although I have no idea what that might be. In any case your help is appreciated.

Archived