Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Vulpaphyla's Energy Color Appearing as Black Instead of Default Orange

owendawgx

When I have my Panzer Vulpaphyla set to "defaults" for all colors, its energy color is clearly orange. This was what was previewed when creating the companion and what it looks like in the arsenal. However, its actual energy color is black, meaning the Viral Spores are almost invisible (as is the Tek mod set.) Creating a look and then copying it over will change the displayed natural energy color to this black in the arsenal as well. 

The energy color of spores/Tek set should be the orange that its natural color appears to be (I believe all Panzers have this orange?) but the black is really rough because I can't tell where Spores are and where the Tek area is.

I'm having a similar problem. I have one of each Vulpaphyla I made a long time ago. The Panzer is by far my main companion, and the other two were MR fodder. The crescent has pink/purple, the Sly has a dark purple, and the Panzer has this brownish orange. I've heard people claim of getting different Panzer energy colors through breeding and was going to give it a shot to see if it were true.

I really would have liked the pinkish/purple color my crescent has on my Panzer (not only for the spores and fog, but also for the Emissive because it's a brighter version of Darvo Purple which is as close as I could get to it and looks nice with my color scheme for the glowy parts). I have since created 4 Panzers and 2 crescent vulps though both breeding and capturing and every one of them is completely blacked out. The larva form is blacked out, the ungilded, and then when gilded it has black pre-selected for all the colors instead of the boxes being left blank like usual, but since you can't change the energy color they are all stuck with black energy which looks nicer than the orange, but very impractical since you can't see it. I tried Randomizer also in case there is an inaccessible box for energy color that also had black pre-selected, but that didn't work (which I figured it was a long shot anyway). This wouldn't be a problem if DE would just allow you to change the energy color on companions like you can with literally everything else in the game. 

One thing this bug does tell us is that the spore and fog color from the Panzer quills is indeed tied to the energy color and so it won't be orange if we can get different energy colors than black or orange.

4 hours ago, Karest_The_Lightkeeper said:

I'm having a similar problem. I have one of each Vulpaphyla I made a long time ago. The Panzer is by far my main companion, and the other two were MR fodder. The crescent has pink/purple, the Sly has a dark purple, and the Panzer has this brownish orange. I've heard people claim of getting different Panzer energy colors through breeding and was going to give it a shot to see if it were true.

I really would have liked the pinkish/purple color my crescent has on my Panzer (not only for the spores and fog, but also for the Emissive because it's a brighter version of Darvo Purple which is as close as I could get to it and looks nice with my color scheme for the glowy parts). I have since created 4 Panzers and 2 crescent vulps though both breeding and capturing and every one of them is completely blacked out. The larva form is blacked out, the ungilded, and then when gilded it has black pre-selected for all the colors instead of the boxes being left blank like usual, but since you can't change the energy color they are all stuck with black energy which looks nicer than the orange, but very impractical since you can't see it. I tried Randomizer also in case there is an inaccessible box for energy color that also had black pre-selected, but that didn't work (which I figured it was a long shot anyway). This wouldn't be a problem if DE would just allow you to change the energy color on companions like you can with literally everything else in the game. 

One thing this bug does tell us is that the spore and fog color from the Panzer quills is indeed tied to the energy color and so it won't be orange if we can get different energy colors than black or orange.

Hopefully we can see this fixed, I'd choose orange over "completely invisible" any day of the week lol

Archived