Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Past, present and future

Kalenath

I am not going to exaggerate. I am a huge fan or Warframe and DE. Warframe has been part of my life for 9 years now. Ups and downs, nerfs and buffs, bruises and band-aids, it has been a hell of a ride.

That said? I am sort of disappointed that the original Dark Sector game is not represented more in this game. We have the old proto skins and we are going to have new skins for pistols which is good. I get that the events of Warframe take place FAR in the future from the events of Dark Sector, but what is keeping us from having more lore tie ins?

The original Dark Sector by modern standards is not a very good game, graphics or controls wise. For 2008, it was awesome and it still can be fun with a controller (I played it again last night and had a blast!) , but compared to Warframe, it is slow, clunky and a bit cliche. We cannot revisit the 'original' story because it was done. The mission in Lasria ended in a success for Hayden Tenno and all was well in the game world. Hayden survived and there is literally no reason I can think of that Hayden could not have survived to the time of Warframe. He was not human by the end of the Dark Sector game. It left a lot of plot points dangling, both with what he discovered in the course of the game and what happened when his 'bosses' tried to stop him. [spoiler] It didn't end well for them! [/spoiler]

Would it be possible to see some kind of archeological dig by the Corpus or some silliness by the Grineer digging in places they should not to unearth more about what happened to Hayden after Lasria or is that too far in the past to even contemplate? I wrote a fanfic some time ago dealing with such a tale and I am curious if such a story would even be possible.

I assume it would be very hard to put such a thing in game if possible at all, but the Duviri Paradox is making me think about such things again.

Archived