The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

WEIRD WATER RENDERING

(PSN)ADSU-_-SUYUDA-_-

So its been over 2 year that my ps4 have encountered this glitch but it’s really getting on my nerves because im a person who really put interest in game visuals. So after the Plains of Eidolon remaster i noticed that every single water texture in my warframe were “oily” with poor water reflection and dark little stain on it. especially on plains of eidolon

at first i didn’t cared but it became really annoying when fishing or making capturas especially when you want a watery environment but it looks BAD. 

The plains of eidolon dont make exceptions so cetus and drifter camp (no images) and fortuna (no image) where we can see the separation between water textures which makes it looks squary even worse on orbis vallis with a blank looking water but i dont have the images sadly. And dog days scene where it is even worse day and night version. so are the character reflections that looks so irealistic and weird.Warframe_20220721182552.JPGWarframe_20220721182511.JPG21.07.2022_21.57.13_REC.PNGIMG_5128.jpgWarframe_20220721182137.JPGWarframe_20220721181524.JPG21.07.2022_20.33.26_REC.MP4Warframe_20220721185020.JPG

comming back to the plains vegetation looks weird like all of warframe players have grass and i dont and that is the only place where it looks weird deimos and fortuna are pretty fine.Warframe_20220721182317.JPGIMG_4992.jpg

And water only looks bad to me even tho my graphics arent that bad my friend with a 4bgpu got fine water (he is on pc).unknown.png

my graphics really arent that bad tho to make water looks like that.22.07.2022_00.41.52_REC.pngIMG_5046.png21.07.2022_20.53.29_REC.png21.07.2022_21.14.37_REC.pngWarframe_20220406083952.jpgWarframe_20220330191559.jpg

⚠️all of warframe images on this thread are mine except the one with fine water or other games images (even tho it looks the same on my ps4)

-water looked pretty fine in the unum tower in tnw21.07.2022_20.38.03_REC.mp4

AND WARFRAME IS THE ONLY ONE LIKE THIS ALL OTHER GAMES RUN PRETTY FINE WITH NORMAL WATER EVEN OLDER GAMES AND NEWER LIKE HORIZON, GTA , THE LAST OF US, OR GENSHIN THAT CAN RUN ON MOBILE. (THESE IMAGES ARE HERE FOR COMPARAISON PURPOSES AND NOT TO PROMOTE THE GAMES)unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

il y a 42 minutes, (XBOX)Rez090 a dit :

you're just imagining things.

90% of the images are completely unnecessary, they don't even show water.

we get it, you like taking screenshots. other games don't have anything to do with this game's water. completely different artists renditions.

no, there is only 4 images of different games and it is just to compare how other games look more fine than warframe and dont have the same issues 99% of them have warframe images, they are just at the top of all of them lol. and the other showing no water are just here so we can witness how other aspects of the game look fine except water. but yea i should’ve had organized the images and thats what im about to do.

Have a nice day <3

il y a 53 minutes, (XBOX)Rez090 a dit :

What does any of these images have to do with water? And to reinforce, you're trying to compare other games' artistic look to Warframes artistic look.

like i said they are here to compare other aspects of the game that looks fine so we can see how water is the only texture that is messed up on my version. because water here is the only problem.

also the tiny plant is a supplement. (i have a lack of vegetation in my version)

and this isn’t about artistic look the water reflections aren’t working i showed my friends water on his warframe pc version and it looks fine, and the other games are games that can run on ps4 they’re just here to show how warframe has a specific problem with water rendering on ps4 version not to compare his artistic looks omg.

im not trying to make an argument-

1 hour ago, (PSN)ADSU-_-SUYUDA-_- said:

like i said they are here to compare other aspects of the game that looks fine so we can see how water is the only texture that is messed up on my version. because water here is the only problem.

also the tiny plant is a supplement. (i have a lack of vegetation in my version)

and this isn’t about artistic look the water reflections aren’t working i showed my friends water on his warframe pc version and it looks fine, and the other games are games that can run on ps4 they’re just here to show how warframe has a specific problem with water rendering on ps4 version not to compare his artistic looks omg.

im not trying to make an argument-

So, two images of grass, Lotus falling thru a void hole in space, Operator sitting at a table, Lotus on her knees and a shot of your Operator's face with the sky in the background all have something remotely related to WATER?

Did your "friend" even tell you whether they have the enhanced graphics running on PC? Because you should have already been aware that consoles don't have the enhanced graphics yet. So, your PS4 game is not going to look like PC at a 1:1 ratio. And nobody cares what water looks like in other games, they have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT graphic assets than Warframe and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT engines. Quit trying to compare apples to oranges. There is nothing wrong with your game at all.

il y a 26 minutes, (XBOX)Rez090 a dit :

So, two images of grass, Lotus falling thru a void hole in space, Operator sitting at a table, Lotus on her knees and a shot of your Operator's face with the sky in the background all have something remotely related to WATER?

Did your "friend" even tell you whether they have the enhanced graphics running on PC? Because you should have already been aware that consoles don't have the enhanced graphics yet. So, your PS4 game is not going to look like PC at a 1:1 ratio. And nobody cares what water looks like in other games, they have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT graphic assets than Warframe and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT engines. Quit trying to compare apples to oranges. There is nothing wrong with your game at all.

my friend showed me with both classic and enhanced and it still looked better, and just because DE have a different graphic engine doesnt mean they shouldn’t upgrade it thats why i post and i already told you the grass had its unique topic and is not water related i just wanted to place it in it because it doesn’t need an entire thread. and im not even gonna answer because water has its unique texture just like other textures in warframe and it behaves weirdly so stop being so pressed you’re not helping.

enhanced unknown.pngand Classicunknown.pngas you can see even in classic it doesn’t look as weird.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)ADSU-_-SUYUDA-_- said:

my friend showed me with both classic and enhanced and it still looked better, and just because DE have a different graphic engine doesnt mean they shouldn’t upgrade it thats why i post and i already told you the grass had its unique topic and is not water related i just wanted to place it in it because it doesn’t need an entire thread. and im not even gonna answer because water has its unique texture just like other textures in warframe and it behaves weirdly so stop being so pressed you’re not helping.

enhanced unknown.pngand Classicunknown.pngas you can see even in classic it doesn’t look as weird.

Unless you can clarify here what the water is doing to make it "behave weirdly", all you've done is just shown the enhanced mode over the classic mode. I'm not seeing anything "weird" at all, just enhanced water. So, what exactly is it? And if you haven't been paying attention at all to Warframe over the years, DE has always upgraded the graphics every now and then. But you're trying to compare Warframe with its own customized engine to something like Genshin Impact, which doesn't use a custom engine, it uses the Unity engine. This is literally trying to compare apples to oranges. They are not the same and will never be the same.

4 hours ago, (PSN)ADSU-_-SUYUDA-_- said:

I think it would help if you showed your actual, you know, graphics settings.

On the Enhanced Engine, there's been a longstanding issue where enabling the "Local Reflections" setting does absolutely nothing if "High-quality shaders" isn't also enabled. Enable both and try looking at the water again.

Il y a 9 heures, shut a dit :

I think it would help if you showed your actual, you know, graphics settings.

On the Enhanced Engine, there's been a longstanding issue where enabling the "Local Reflections" setting does absolutely nothing if "High-quality shaders" isn't also enabled. Enable both and try looking at the water again.

omg you both are right its so embarrassing omg im sorry 💀

Have a nice day also the other one im really sorry for making 4300 response when you were right. except for the artistic one but its only my point of view have a nice day.

6 hours ago, (PSN)ADSU-_-SUYUDA-_- said:

omg you both are right its so embarrassing omg im sorry 💀

Oh don't worry about it, that interaction between the two graphics settings is virtually impossible to notice unless you go out of your way to experiment with different combinations of settings. The bug is "unknown" enough that DE has yet to fix it after literal years (much to my dismay 😭)

Dude I would imagine people are more concerned about the garbage performance than this. I play on ps5 and it's not optimised at all, horrible screen tearing poor performance. I'm the same with graphics, if I don't like them I can't enjoy the game, but even I can say this game needs fixing badly.

Archived