Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quest hardlocked

(NSW)Young_217

I am unable to do saya's vigil. Ive done the requirements and ive done at least 7 bounties when i talk to konzu it doesnt show "a personal favour" or whatever it says idk cus ive never done it. Its locked in my codex and now i cant upgrade my operator because i havent sought out "the quills" yet plz help ive been locked for months

19 hours ago, Syrethyst said:

when you hover (idk the nsw equivalent) over it in codex, does it say anything you need to do first? I assume the bounties you've done are all in plains of eidolon?

It says reach mastery 1 do a bounty (and yes ive done multiple in plains and deimos) vors prize quest and talk to konzu but when i do it doesnt give me the 3rd option only standing and bounties

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Young_217 said:

It says reach mastery 1 do a bounty (and yes ive done multiple in plains and deimos) vors prize quest and talk to konzu but when i do it doesnt give me the 3rd option only standing and bounties

Answering these should help people help you with your problem

So you are Mastery rank 1(or above),

you have done the bounties,

Can you start the quest?

does your mission select show anything when you go to its menu?

any mission markers in cetus?

any mission markers in the plains of eidolon?

are there any more requirements on the quest?

On 2022-11-09 at 4:47 PM, (PSN)Potrapo_potato said:

Answering these should help people help you with your problem

So you are Mastery rank 1(or above),

you have done the bounties,

Can you start the quest?

does your mission select show anything when you go to its menu?

any mission markers in cetus?

any mission markers in the plains of eidolon?

are there any more requirements on the quest?

Mr 11

Done multiple

Cant start quest

No

No

No

No

To (NSW)Young_217,

I may not still be the case but DO you have a CODEX SCANNER EQUIPED ?

Because "While players need to equip Codex Scanners to progress through the quest, the Shatter-lock key shards can also be located and scanned using Synthesis Scanners." I don't remember if it was on this quest but I had such a bug years ago on PC. Maybe it was not solved.

PS : In Ship/Codex, Is the quest present ? and does it tells you any others requirements (Could help) ?

To (NSW)Young_217,

You said "It says reach mastery 1 do a bounty (and yes ive done multiple in plains and deimos) vors prize quest and talk to konzu but when i do it doesnt give me the 3rd option only standing and bounties"

BIG MISTAKE TENNO, BIG MISTAKE ... (have done the same when try replay the quest :p)

I try replay and found out the "problem" : There IS NOt a 3rd option. You must equip a Scanner, Activate the Quest in codex/quest then on Navigation/Earth's map select directly the Plains and NOT CETUS (in solo mode, look at the "Find Onkko" in upper right to ensure quest is activated) :

cuxJqIH.jpg

On 2022-11-16 at 1:11 PM, RLanzinger said:

To (NSW)Young_217,

You said "It says reach mastery 1 do a bounty (and yes ive done multiple in plains and deimos) vors prize quest and talk to konzu but when i do it doesnt give me the 3rd option only standing and bounties"

BIG MISTAKE TENNO, BIG MISTAKE ... (have done the same when try replay the quest :p)

I try replay and found out the "problem" : There IS NOt a 3rd option. You must equip a Scanner, Activate the Quest in codex/quest then on Navigation/Earth's map select directly the Plains and NOT CETUS (in solo mode, look at the "Find Onkko" in upper right to ensure quest is activated) :

cuxJqIH.jpg

I cannot activate the quest its locked

So i cant start doing it but i can try looking for the shards

On 2022-11-19 at 9:19 PM, (NSW)Young_217 said:

I cannot activate the quest its locked

So i cant start doing it but i can try looking for the shards

Activate the quest in the ship's codex is a prerequisite, you won't be able to look for the shard as they are only spawned within the quest...

If you have already try a full game reboot and reinstall, it may be a rare account problem which can only solved by DE's Ticket : Quest / Saya's Vigil. Lets us know when you have submitted the ticket, it usually take a week or two for those (as far as I remember).

• 1 month later...

I am a returning player and have just submitted a ticket because I have the same issue, all pre-reqs for the quest are done and I can not progress any further, I have tried all of the things I've found online (talking to both npc's, going out to plains to try to do the questline, etc...) I can not activate the questline at all as its blurred out, and I have no 3rd option at Kozak. Please help DE :(

Edit: 

to clarify i am on a Ps4 Pro and I have last played probably 2-4 years ago in that time frame roughly.

Final edit: the issue has been resolved! After an arduous night and day of cetus grinding (possibly dev intervention?) And hitting rank 3 nearly it seems to have fixed itself after playing with my friend who had the quest inactive. Thank you for reading.

Archived