Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Idea on Relics and Mission Types

Kyraku

Hey just a quick thread i wanted to make on mission types and relevance. When opening relics it can sometimes be hard to get a group going for some mission types over others.. for example: its very easy to get a mission going when it is exterminate, capture or even sabotage but can be very hard when its disruption, excavation and even survival. My idea is to try and remedy this, at least for relic opening. So my idea goes like this.. when you chose these least popular types of mission you get to do all the normal things in a normal mission but when its time to chose an item the game rolls on a table and decides if the player will get to chose from two items from the same relic. When i say two, it means the game will display two items from the same relic but the player still gets to chose one. The two things that gets displayed will have separate rolls for each, so can be common and rare from the same relic. But cannot be the same thing.. so cant chose between two of the same item from the same relic. This is done for all the players in the mission.. but the roll to see whether or not the extra items will be displayed only needs to occur once per relic opening event..

I think if the players can chose one item from more options it will give people the reason to play the more time consuming or harder content instead of just doing exterminate and whatnot all the time.. Thoughs?

4 hours ago, Kyraku said:

but can be very hard when its disruption, excavation and even survival.

There's a reason why these are unpopular.

Disruption: there's players who activate conduits without thinking about teammates or simultaneously activating multiple so they get destroyed or everyone doesn't have enough reactant and they do last conduit before waiting.

Excavation: Same issue with activating and bringing power cells too fast and no waiting until everyone has enough reactant. I've seen this happen so many times I won't bother anymore.

Survival: players spread too much so reactant drops get scattered and everyone won't get enough reactant before 5:00 etc. This mode seems to have least problems but it happens sometimes.

i think the reason why disruption is unpopular is because they are bad and/or have no confidence in themselves to  kill the demolisher.

people that actively play disruption like me want players that just AoE trash to generate keys faster and put them in. im playing titania and i'll be at the demo before you even hear a beep if you arent used to this mission type.

excavation and survival, yeah what idothea said. lowlevel missions with lowlevel players are just a mess. it's better in steelpath fissures, tho there are less players obviously.

Archived