Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris: Am I at "peak Xoris"? Or can this be improved

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

11 answers to this question

In this build you can change the elemental damage (viral + elect) and a riven with crit rate, and crit damage. 
Personally, for me the xoris is a bad weapon that is good at doing specific things (that is, summoning sisters or farming dead protocol sh*t ) and well I prefer to use o glaive prime (the best glaive) o Orvius (since it has a high riven disposition)

Orvius example (i don't have a good riven only a decent one) versus a eximus lv 130:
IBwjBn5.png

16 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

In this build you can change the elemental damage (viral + elect) and a riven with crit rate, and crit damage. 

There is plenty of secondary primers out there, not need for Viral on the weapon. It doesnt force proc Slash like Glaive.

18 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Personally, for me the xoris is a bad weapon that is good at doing specific things (that is, summoning sisters or farming dead protocol sh*t )

Maybe you just do not know how to use it. 

As for thee OP.

Man. Where do I start. You got Drifting Contact on the Infinite Combo duration weapon. Hell, you even specifically formad D for it. CO is not needed (still probably bugged on Heavy)

You got 7 capacity mod in a V slot instead of the 15 capacity one.

This is what I am using: https://imgur.com/a/7o9peP1

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Man. Where do I start

Well that's why I'm asking. I have two other configs but this one deals a lot of damage. In fact, the other two have higher numbers but this config outperforms the other two in every way. 

I don't think I have blood rush but I'll compare. My Xoris can do well up to level 95-100 then I need to combo my acceltra and xoris together for red yellow and blue "glowies"

55 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I don't think I have blood rush but I'll compare

Blood rush is there because it is a free crit, since Xoris stays on 12x combo unless you detonate it.

Other two mods you are lacking aree bread and butter of Thrown weapons builds.

You need any kind of Explosion mod:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Volatile_Quick_Return

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Volatile_Rebound

Silver gives you 1 big explosion, Golden gives you 3 smaller ones, Golden is a bit harder to get.

Another important part is:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Throw

(the %dmg is multiplicative not additive with PPP/CO). At max stacks it is a x4 dmg multiplier.

You can also use Xoris as a melee primer (needs Weeping Wounds and an Explosion mod). Depending on the build it gets ~130% status chance and 2 instances of proc per throw.

Not sure this is relevant since I detonate the xoris every throw. I toss it usually "between" groups and detonate multiple targets. I feel that's most effective and how xoris should be used.

17 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Blood rush is there because it is a free crit, since Xoris stays on 12x combo unless you detonate it.

I did have blood rush and built this vs mine, in different configs. Switching the configs and running ESO and Zariman exterminate ~60lvl I think mine slightly edges out yours TBH but they're both good. However yours doesn't improve which is what aim looking for. What's interesting is my build has higher stats but yours performs well. I'm confused by the math tbh. It doesn't seem to translate 1 to 1 to mission performance. I will take this to a requiem relic run lvl80-100 and see which performs better but I'll probably go in a group because I don't want to get killed. LOL

I figure perhaps in higher levels yours might show some strength over mine. Yours may have an edge on the yellow, blue and red glowies. It's close though.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Not sure this is relevant since I detonate the xoris every throw.

Than obviously Blood Rush wont work properly. You do not need to manually detonate with the Volatile Quick Return on. Have you tested it with that and power throw, building x12 combo and not exploding it? And yours win? I find it hard to believe. 

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Have you tested it with that and power throw, building x12 combo and not exploding it? And yours win? I find it hard to believe

It's such a habit for me to throw and detonate. I feel like if I just throw it, first off I have to aim, second, the damage is minimal. Yes I'm comparing detonated throws but I think if I throw and aim, then throw again and detonate on the second or third toss, yours wins.

Admittedly I don't know how the combo works. Throw it 12 times without stopping? Seems hard to pinpoint aim 12 throws. Also if there's a group I feel like they'll shoot me to death before I get to the 4th or 5th throw. And if I get to 12, do I detonate on that one?

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Yes I'm comparing detonated throws but I think if I throw and aim, then throw again and detonate on the second or third toss, yours wins.

The point is "mine" doesn't need manual detonation whatsoever. It automatically detonates when it is in enemy proximity due to Volatile Quick Return interaction and doesn't clear the combo counter. This is the whole point of using Xoris instead of eg. Glaive Prime.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Admittedly I don't know how the combo works. Throw it 12 times without stopping?

No, combo works per enemy hit. Its easiest to build with slams (jump over the group of enemies, aim down and press melee button). Because they do not do much damage, so it lets you hit the enemies couple of times before they die. It also has better range then most stance attacks. 

Melee Combo | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

As for power throw "combo" you just press your throw button before the glaive comes back to you, so you throw it back without delay (like a pr0 frisbee player). Proper usage will be visible by the change in throw animation.

On x12 combo built, you get following benefits:

Explosions do 12 times more damage (both manual and automatic explosions count as Heavy Attack) and they get 196.1% crit chance instead of 108%.

With maxed power throw the damage is additionally multiplied by 4, so it is x48 with almost twice as much crit with x4,4 crit damage, compared to yours. A single throw 1shots 190 lvl simulacrum Ferrite armor enemies with ease.

Condition Overload doesn't work with Glaive explosions whatsoever.

I don't know about your specific playstyle but I don't use Drifting Contact or Condition Overload.
Xoris keeps the combo so there is no point in using Drifting Contact.
In your build I noticed you are using the combo on Xoris. In that case, Blood Rush will greatly increase your crit chance.
Like it was mentioned, Thrown Melee's heavy attacks do not benefit from CO, only direct hits do...so I think Gladiator Might, a Faction Mod or True Punishment would give you more consistent big numbers over CO.

I manually detonate Xoris on every single throw so I prefer to use Corrupt Charge and Killing Blow as well as Volatile Quick Return
However, explosions directly from VQR are not recommended, since they only do a portion of your heavy attack damage, I always prefer to manually detonate and benefit from the extra radius.

Core to my build:
Sacrificial Steel
Amalgam Organ Shatter
Primed Pressure Point
Killing Blow
Volatile Quick Return
Corrupt Charge

For general use I usually go with Primed Fever Strike and Gladiator Might OR a faction mod, however Xoris has a guaranteed Electricity and Impact Proc on explosion so feel free to adapt to whatever synergies you are going for (Xoris + Gyre?)

Archived