Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes...one per mission?

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

10 answers to this question

If you want to farm them efficiently, do an endless mission. Survival is popular for this.

Their spawn rate is however not a 100% guarantee for each spawn rotation.

From my personal experience, they spawn about ~80% of the time each 4-6 minutes. Your mileage will vary.

Confirmed by DE themselves that them spawning is RNG

52 minutes ago, deucich said:

For none-endless missions the number of spawned acolytes is limited to 3. But keep in mind that acolyte spawning timer just halts after some time with no kills. So, sitting in a mission with no enemies left won't work.

i usually get 3 on e-prime by just.... going slow (not hunting for them, im using e-prime to scan grineer for simaris standing)

1 hour ago, deucich said:

For none-endless missions the number of spawned acolytes is limited to 3. But keep in mind that acolyte spawning timer just halts after some time with no kills. So, sitting in a mission with no enemies left won't work.

To be more accurate, the kills stat needs to be recorded, since you Wukong Clone does not contribute to this kill count it will trigger this delay. It also seems this timer is separate from the afk timer that prevents pickups.

The acolyte timer also starts the timer at your first kill as well so you can't just lollygag around for a minute and still expect the acolyte to show up within 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

If you want to farm them efficiently, do an endless mission. Survival is popular for this.

Their spawn rate is however not a 100% guarantee for each spawn rotation.

From my personal experience, they spawn about ~80% of the time each 4-6 minutes. Your mileage will vary.

Confirmed by DE themselves that them spawning is RNG

Yep I have the same experience, it seems to be weighted towards the latter end of the 6 minutes similar to how lich weapon %'s are weighted towards the lower end. 

But that is for survival or other endless gamemodes and I think it is different for non-endless gamemodes but I am not quite sure.

And the spawn rate is not guaranteed within one rotation of a gamemode but is within that 6 minute timer granted all the other criteria has been met.

Archived