Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kuva siphon missions need to have a reminder or warning for players extracting the mission if they haven't finished off the siphon yet.

novalery

the following has happened to me multiple times already and by the look of it it'll happen more often:

i played kuva siphon missions with random in maps where the siphon can spawn in a branched out room (ceres, mars, & derelict). my smart ass told me to check every corridor for any chances of said room exist in the mission. when map's objective is reached many players somehow hellbent sprinting to the extraction point. especially if it is a capture mission. so after the target got captured, everyone else sprint all the way to extraction point, while i went and found the branched out corridor that leads to the siphon and proceed the kuva capturing process...

here's the issue: the kuva clouds total spawn time is longer that the extraction countdown timer. which mean the mission ended with 1 more cloud that needed to be captured because some players are too ignorant to read their team chat or listen to their teammates begging them to get their asses off the extraction point.

we need a way to warn them that their mission is not yet finished.. that they're missing out the main objective of taking this mission.

I feel like this could be remedied bare minimum by reusing Crysalith's bounty UI. This will put it (non-invasively) on screen so people not only get reminded to do it, but also when or if it's been done yet or not.

Since Zariman bounties don't let you extract until bounty objectives are complete as well, this would rectify that problem too, and universally give a better experience for players attempting Kuva Siphon and Flood missions while keeping in uniformity with more modern UI and mission design that we've been getting since Angels.

People do Kuva Siphon missions for different reasons - they're a source of Kuva (but not a great one), but they're also the easiest source of Requiem Relics, which can be a pain to acquire when you're just starting out with liches. And the relics are not dependent on doing the siphon - I spent a chunk of time running Kuva Siphon missions early on (solo) to get relics because I needed the Requiem mods, and being able to skip the siphon step made that farm significantly less painful. Making it mandatory seems like a serious regression.

52 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

People do Kuva Siphon missions for different reasons - they're a source of Kuva (but not a great one), but they're also the easiest source of Requiem Relics, which can be a pain to acquire when you're just starting out with liches. And the relics are not dependent on doing the siphon - I spent a chunk of time running Kuva Siphon missions early on (solo) to get relics because I needed the Requiem mods, and being able to skip the siphon step made that farm significantly less painful. Making it mandatory seems like a serious regression.

which is why i'm not suggesting to turn it mandatory but simply gives a warning or a reminder that they're missing it. just like how we're given reminder that there still some caches left in some missions (so stuff like: "there're still one kuva cloud left to be capture.... ") 

i can understand farming requiem relic solo or an established squad. but some done it with random players disregarding their teammate intention...

Archived