The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp + [Archon Intensify]

Scar.brother.help.me

I would love to use this mod on Wisp instead of [Umbral Intensify] if only it could trigger (and refresh) just by having HP mote on u.

What happens now - it triggers ONLY when your HP buff makes your hp more than it was before, i.e. when you first buff at the start of your mission (and then you need to place this buff again to make it a little stronger) or when buff runs out and your hp becomes lower and you buff it again (and of course twice to use the +30 str bonus), or when triggering [Combat Discipline] (and very unreliable, u need to lose a lot of HP by killing a lot of enemies for the heal to trigger the buff, and anyway there are better Auras to use on Wisp).

And even that would have been ok if not the point of Wisp to try to max out the buff (because it is fun) - and there is the main problem - you have whatever bonuses on u which will be used on your next cast ([Power Drain], [Molt Vigor], [Energy Conversion], [Empower], [Pax Bolt]) - but to trigger and use [Archon Intensify] you have to use the ability, and then you are out of bonuses for the second cast - which makes it pointless.

Odd, I didn't see this behavior when I tried it. I ran a few public Onslaughts and seemed to be getting the bonus regularly, like it was whenever the Vitality mote was actively healing someone. I guess it's possible that it only worked when the mote was healing other players? (If that's the case I doubt it's intentional, I remember that early on, Wisp had the problem that her regen simply didn't work if you were the Wisp and also host.)

I'd honestly thought Wisp was the single best use case for Archon Intensify. Most frames with powers that heal tend to benefit from having a Vitality in their builds, and then you can just use both umbrals and get basically just as much power strength all the time. But Wisp has her vitality mote and is better off single-mindedly building for power strength and not wasting space on a Vitality, and is generally healing whenever she takes damage, so Archon Intensify should be her bag.

But I went to try it in an SP mission, and so far as I can tell, the buff doesn't reset within its own duration so it runs down to zero, but will activate again immediately as long as I'm taking damage for the mote to heal.

10 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

Odd, I didn't see this behavior when I tried it. I ran a few public Onslaughts and seemed to be getting the bonus regularly, like it was whenever the Vitality mote was actively healing someone. I guess it's possible that it only worked when the mote was healing other players? (If that's the case I doubt it's intentional, I remember that early on, Wisp had the problem that her regen simply didn't work if you were the Wisp and also host.)

I'd honestly thought Wisp was the single best use case for Archon Intensify. Most frames with powers that heal tend to benefit from having a Vitality in their builds, and then you can just use both umbrals and get basically just as much power strength all the time. But Wisp has her vitality mote and is better off single-mindedly building for power strength and not wasting space on a Vitality, and is generally healing whenever she takes damage, so Archon Intensify should be her bag.

But I went to try it in an SP mission, and so far as I can tell, the buff doesn't reset within its own duration so it runs down to zero, but will activate again immediately as long as I'm taking damage for the mote to heal.

It does, but it is very unpractical and has to be some medium damage as it doesn't work reliably when killing someone with [Combat Discipline] (-10 hp/kill). It is hard to test but i suspect it triggers when you take damage and heal more than your HP mote helas per second (at 100 str it is 30 hp/s, at 400 str 120 hp/s) and if you heal less damage - it doesn't.

But still it is very impractical to use, since Wisp takes damage on health very rarely, usually I don't go below shield-gating on her at all and letting the enemy damage me before using abilities is not a gameplay I am willing to have for the sake of +16 str for 10 seconds (compared to single [Umbral Intensify], that needs no conditions to work). Though if DE fixes it in some way to be usable on Wisp and anyone under Wisp's HP buff - I will gladly use it.

Gotcha. Yeah, you're not going to find me arguing that Archon Intensify is a good mod, this Wisp build is literally the only use I've found for it myself. Lucky thing is, loss of 16% strength isn't exactly going to sink you if the only practical effect is on your Haste mote and Breach Surge. Wisp can be pretty solid in content where she's more guaranteed to be taking damage though, thanks to the Vitality mote, and as long as she is, you have a chance to make it that little bit better. (Or in a squad, content where whatever teammates you get are likely to be taking frequent health damage, since those heals count too.)

On 2022-12-16 at 4:50 PM, CopperBezel said:

Gotcha. Yeah, you're not going to find me arguing that Archon Intensify is a good mod, this Wisp build is literally the only use I've found for it myself. Lucky thing is, loss of 16% strength isn't exactly going to sink you if the only practical effect is on your Haste mote and Breach Surge. Wisp can be pretty solid in content where she's more guaranteed to be taking damage though, thanks to the Vitality mote, and as long as she is, you have a chance to make it that little bit better. (Or in a squad, content where whatever teammates you get are likely to be taking frequent health damage, since those heals count too.)

The thing is that I build my Wisp around Pillage (400 str threshold for full armor strip), and +16 str would have let me remove one red Tau Shard from the build (I need +42 str from shards when using Umbral Intensify, in case of constantly up Archon Intensify I would only need +26), that's it.

Archived