Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Is The Same S#&$ With Another Name

nekrojiji

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Long live the Soma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulet weapons are the only ones that can use TWO Elemental mods AND Armor Piercing.

Bullet weapons are the only ones that have the most procs: IMPACT proc, PUNCTURE proc, SLASH proc AND ELEMENTAL proc.

My FLUX RIFLE, wich before was armor ignoring low damage is now just low damage with only 2 posible procs (slash and elemental)

My IGNIS is now just low low low low low damage with only 1 proc (only combinations with HEAT)

My SYNAPSE is now a decent damage without any armor ignore and again only ONE proc chance (only combinations with ELECTRIC)

Now let's talk about SOMA

Soma is still the best weapon in the game. You can make any combination of procs on it and the damage is still huge. 

Yes the armor piercing damage is less from Piercing Hit but the bonus damage against armor from Corosive more than makes up for the AP mod nerf.

For your information my mastery is 8. So if I want to play with SOMA i can play with it. i'm just saying that I hoped that damage 2.0 would make other weapons viable. 

I would like to add thar rainbow builds were removed but crit builds are as strong as ever.

I'd also like to point out that while soma is still the best, its main competitors (acrid, etc) are much worse, nowhere near as strong.

I'd also like to mention that Piercing Hit will stack with Rupture so you can have even MORE armor piercing damage on bullet weapons. Of course, neither of those mods do anything on weapons with elemental damage as a baseline.

:/

My Flux rifle with blast damage is quite awesome. I am obliterating Grineer up to level 40.

I didn't get further yet.

I think you're forgetting that at the moment the only enemies resistant to slashing damage are robots.

Nothing will ever be the same

Edited by VentiGlondi

You an get "off" element procs on elemental weapons.  If you only put in one elemental mod it will auto combo with the weapon itself, but if you add additional different elements (IE not deep freeze and ice storm) you can get other combos.

Either I don't understand what you wrote.... or you didn't understand what I wrote.  I wrote about elemental weapons, like Synapse or Ignis, that don't have impact, pucture or slash and allready have 1 element (electric or fire) so the proc that you are able to get is only 1 of the 3, wich are the other 3 elements combined with electric or fire (to stay within the example).

I would like to add thar rainbow builds were removed but crit builds are as strong as ever.

I'd also like to point out that while soma is still the best, its main competitors (acrid, etc) are much worse, nowhere near as strong.

I'd also like to mention that Piercing Hit will stack with Rupture so you can have even MORE armor piercing damage on bullet weapons. Of course, neither of those mods do anything on weapons with elemental damage as a baseline.

:/

Acrid was never "the Best" as Soma is. Yes it had the best total damage raported to the rounds shot. There were throwing blades and later Balistica that had more "upfront" damage. The Acris was surpassing the other ones in DPS only if the target didn't die in the first 4 seconds.

Edited by nekrojiji

Got 6 forma soma and braton prime and i have to say that with dmg 2.0 braton prime is just better imo, rainbow builds were lessened(from 4 elements to 2) yet they still exist and are best way to mod weapons.

From what ive seen so far dmg wise(without taking side effects into account):

Radiation seems to be best allrounder

Blast seems a bit weak against everything that isnt grineer

Corrosive works wonders against ancients and do decent amount of damage to grineer

Viral is great for obliterating grineer and crewmens

Either gas is weak or i just cant find a use for it

Magnetic works against moas and grineer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Long live the Soma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulet weapons are the only ones that can use TWO Elemental mods AND Armor Piercing.

Bullet weapons are the only ones that have the most procs: IMPACT proc, PUNCTURE proc, SLASH proc AND ELEMENTAL proc.

My FLUX RIFLE, wich before was armor ignoring low damage is now just low damage with only 2 posible procs (slash and elemental)

My IGNIS is now just low low low low low damage with only 1 proc (only combinations with HEAT)

My SYNAPSE is now a decent damage without any armor ignore and again only ONE proc chance (only combinations with ELECTRIC)

Now let's talk about SOMA

Soma is still the best weapon in the game. You can make any combination of procs on it and the damage is still huge. 

Yes the armor piercing damage is less from Piercing Hit but the bonus damage against armor from Corosive more than makes up for the AP mod nerf.

For your information my mastery is 8. So if I want to play with SOMA i can play with it. i'm just saying that I hoped that damage 2.0 would make other weapons viable. 

You serious? My Synapse is better than ever. I shoot everything down like butter. 2250 Radiation damage. Just try out to combine it with Some elementals.

You serious? My Synapse is better than ever. I shoot everything down like butter. 2250 Radiation damage. Just try out to combine it with Some elementals.

Yes Synapse is better than ever, but Soma is still better at damage. And giving that Synapse has limited range and only one proc while Soma has 4 procs and infinite range, I would say Soma is still better by far.

Do like this:

Soma and Synapse have the same mod build, for the most efficient damage.

take your mods of Synapse and put them on Soma.

You'll see more damage from Soma.

P.S. - The damage on Synapse has not grown that much .... you now just see the actual value.

Edited by nekrojiji