Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Scopes... Dear God No.

Raanaar

Sure, "you fail at sniping, good day" is a valid counter argument for bad scope design. My bad

It's an opinion.  Just like yours.

I can get behind the idea of it being cluttered, I have a Vectis and it's a little distracting, but is it horrible?  No, hell no.  Seen worse, much worse.  And for the record, I like these scopes.

I too would like to be able to toggle the new scope effect, it really hinders my sniping and when the blur effect happens it makes me nauseous. I've relegated my sniper rifle to shotgun status also. The blur effect on the Vectis comes and goes for some reason. The graphics overly and the blur effect disappear completely when reloading and also when hiding beside walls/containers/etc.

There's no need to be overly hostile about it, but yeah, I don't care for these new scope implementations either.

So add another plus one to the tally for a toggle or an extremely pared back version of the current scopes.

No one is being hostile about it? 

Began a mission with the snipertron vandal, scoped in and spent about a minute trying to figure out what was going on and how this unholy mess got past QA. Aborted the mission out and ran it instead with the ignis.

In other words, thanks DE, the gesture was kind, but I think I threw up in my mouth a bit

DE has done an excellent job with the sniper scope additions, as it will please many players who have been asking for a scope addition. Though this is the case, I am one of the many snipers who prefer having the old zoom as it suits my sniping style.

I am sure many snipers will enjoy having an actual scope for zoom finally, but there are many of us who find the old style zoom much more effective and simple to use in combat. I enjoy being able to snap my sniper zoom to the enemy as with any other rifle, I find the scope to hinder my sniping game.

If an option is added in the gameplay menu to enable/disable sniper scopes, that would be a simple fix for all players and their sniping preferences.

DE, thanks for reading and considering this. 

When they first talked about scopes I thought, this probably is going to be a bit obstructive and annoying, but upon using the vectis scope, I was shocked. The scope looks anything but practical and the blur just makes target switching stupid. I've seen other bits of the update that I don't like but it's really sad to see all of my fave guns get messed with in 1 update

When they first talked about scopes I thought, this probably is going to be a bit obstructive and annoying, but upon using the vectis scope, I was shocked. The scope looks anything but practical and the blur just makes target switching stupid. I've seen other bits of the update that I don't like but it's really sad to see all of my fave guns get messed with in 1 update

Then you didn't try the Lanka.

It's like trying to see through a jungle.

The main problem is now DE is forcing us sniper user to have scoped view in a mainly CQC game. Imagine using sniper weapon in BF3/ COD on CQC map, yea...that's the feeling i have right now. Why not give cooler aiming interface while keeping the 3rd person view, or just have an option to disable the scope.

Srsly i hurt my eyes every time i use the aim mode right now

Edited by Barzah

I was excited when I heard about this change. I've tried each scope type (Vectis, Snipetron Vandal, Vulkar), and found each one to be obnoxious. I'm soo glad it is easy to hipfire in this game, because each one is terrible in its own way. The blur on all 3 is annoying, the reticule for Vecits/Vulkar is irritating, and it also feels like the Vectis zooms in further than before.

I'm all for supporting different playstyles, but I'd also like the option to turn off the scopes.

The main problem is now DE is forcing us sniper user to have scoped view in a mainly CQC game. Imagine using sniper weapon in BF3/ COD on CQC map, yea...that's the feeling i have right now. Why not give cooler aiming interface while keeping the 3rd person view, or just have an option to disable the scope.

I was thinking, there could be "aura-esq" mods on primary's and such, allowing the player to add a scope, or use the earlier third person zoom, because I don't know another way they could make a working system for two types of scopes. They could also just fix the scopes, and make then zoom about 20% less.