Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Speargun thrown within Mag's Magnetize only does one instance of damage

IDystopiaI

Before the update to Spearguns, enemies within Magnetize would continue taking damage from a thrown speargun as long as it was making contact with an enemy. Scourge Prime Pre Speargun Update - YouTube They had infinite body punch through which allowed them to continue floating until Magnetize finally expired and flung the speargun into a wall.

With the new update to spearguns they now seem to only do only one instance of damage when thrown into Magnetize even though the spear gun is not embedded into a surface. (Both of these videos are using the scourge prime)

Reproduction

1. Group enemies with Magnetize
  2. Throw speargun into the bubble
  3. You should an enemy is only able to take one instance of damage from coming in contact with the sphere.
  4. New enemies entering Magnetize will also only take one instance of damage from the speargun before becoming immune to it

The first thing I'd ask is, is Magnetize working fine for you with non-Speargun weapons?

If it is, then take this for what you will.  It's rather complicated, confusing, and actually contradictory when I get to Scourge Prime, but I think it has to have something to do with the removal of uncharged throws on spearguns....

Spoiler

In the case of the Javlok, it's very straightforward. Pre-rework, it had an uncharged throw with lots of body punch through--probably infinite.  The charged throw didn't have this.  Post rework: no more uncharged throw, no more PT.  For a while I could equip PT on it, but it looks like PT has been disabled completely now.  

Scourge and Scourge Prime also had this body punch through on their uncharged throws, but this wasn't "officially" documented SFAIK.   Scourge otherwise matches up with Javlok.  No more innate PT, and sometime more recently, modded PT has no effect either.

Scourge Prime though is very weird.  It has innate body PT on its throw at this moment, and will only detonate on hitting a surface.  (Confirmed in mission as well as Sim.) Which seems completely bizarre to me. Can you or somebody else who uses the weapon chime in on this?  Has this been the case since the speargun rework? Or did it happen more recently?  Because if I were contemplating using the weapon for anything other than Magnetize / Xata hijinks, I would not want it to behave this way.

But even more confounding:  you're right, it's not working with Magnetize past the one hit.  Even if I put PT on it.

It's hard to say it's unconnected to the loss of uncharged throws.  It makes perfect sense with Javlok and regular Scourge, and its exactly what one would expect from the removal of PT.  The fact that Scourge Prime is getting PT now--whether one wants it or not--and has the same lack of synergy with Magnetize, I can't explain.

Sorry for the looong reply.  But it's a bump anyway.

The original behavior for the scourge prime pre-rework was a quick throw had infinite body punch through while the charged throw would stick into the first enemy it came into contact with remain active wherever the enemy went/died. Quick throw was nice because I could pick where the spear ended up instead of where enemy path finding/cc-abilities took it.

Post speargun update the Scourge always traveled through enemies and stuck in the first surface it came in contact with.

I think there's also a bug where if any thrown speargun comes in contact with an "ally" (companion, player, operative etc.) the thrown projectile disappears. The Tenet Arca Plasmor also seems to have this issue.

As for punch through on most projectile weapons, its been pretty buggy. A charged Lanka shot is unable to pass through a transparent material like glass. Projectiles that detonate on contact do not work with modded punch through anymore, which was the old work around for stopping your kavat from killing you back when we still had self damage. 

21 minutes ago, IDystopiaI said:

Post speargun update the Scourge always traveled through enemies and stuck in the first surface it came in contact with.

It's offtopic, but I feel like this almost has to be a bug.  It didn't do this on charged throws before the update, uncharged throws were removed, and vanilla Scourge doesn't act this way.   I suppose it could be the one that's bugged, but this seems less likely to me.  Least likely would be Scourge working one way and the Prime the other, which is what we've got.

Didn't know about the base Scourge being different, don't have one anymore to test. The Afentis also seems to have some weird interactions with a pinned enemy and Magnetize though. (not sure if other forms of CC + Magnetize/Xata's Wisper also cause this bug)

Observed Effects:

1. After being hit by the Afentis a second time while under the effects of Magnetize/Xata's Whisper; The visual effects for the abilities are removed but the bullet attractor effect and the CC effect of Magnetize both work "correctly". (There is sometimes a rag dolling effect from the spear dragging the enemy around)
  2. If a Mag bubble expires while it is invisible, there is no damage at the end from the bubble detonating.

Enemy pinned after being bubbled, no damage when the bubble finally detonates.

Pinned before being bubbled same observed effects as the other clip.

Reproduction

1. Throw the Afentis at an enemy within a mag bubble which will pin it to the ground.
  2. Throw the Afentis again at the enemy while it is within Magnetize.
  3. The Bubble should now be invisible, and still have its CC and Bullet attracting properties
  4. If the the bubble is still invisible when its timer expires, no damage will be dealt due to its detonation

*A fire rate mod might be required/outside source of + fire rate if trying to reproduce solo, not sure about two different players using the Afentis. Tested with Primed Shred, Vile Acceleration, and no + fire rate.

When someone might encounter this without going out of their way to make this happen:

The Afentis is only able to grant the "Ballistarii Might" buff if it hits the ground directly. If their Speargun is redirected into an enemy, and they throw it again to try to get the buff they will encounter the invisible bubble glitch.

I  do not have any other Spearguns to test with, but I don't really like how they feel to use post-update so I probably wont go out of my way to find other interactions between a thrown Spear and a bullet attraction effect.

Archived