Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.. Can This Be Interpreted As Pay To Win?

Detheroc

Ok that was a good one. Still, to be honest, who cares about lato prime and skana prime? Not to be insulting but there are outright better weapons on the market (for Lato, take Vasto, for Skana, take Cronus) and you can lift your regular Excalibur to the level of the primed one with simply adding 1 forma.

saids the one who called this game a p2w you know you're contradicting with your own points right?

Ok that was a good one. Still, to be honest, who cares about lato prime and skana prime? Not to be insulting but there are outright better weapons on the market (for Lato, take Vasto, for Skana, take Cronus) and you can lift your regular Excalibur to the level of the primed one with simply adding 1 forma.

done.

im done.

im getting tired of troll threads.

i know its the "interwebs lololol", but its damn annoying when its not even funny.

this has just been a massive waste of time for everyone involved.

no lolz were had.

-4/10

Jesus if you're just getting butt hurt over some afk farming bot that will get destroyed then you must be a very very desperate man bro. i mean come on! i know you're desperate but not that desperate

If you actually read my posts without expecting a butthurt 10 year old noob sitting on the other end, you would notice i asked "So.. Can This Be Interpreted As Pay To Win?" I didnt yell "ZOMFG PAY TO WIN ALL OVER THE PLACE F*** THIS GAME!!" I asked and gave my own opinion.

If you actually read my posts without expecting a butthurt 10 year old noob sitting on the other end, you would notice i asked "So.. Can This Be Interpreted As Pay To Win?" I didnt yell "ZOMFG PAY TO WIN ALL OVER THE PLACE F*** THIS GAME!!" I asked and gave my own opinion.

you were trying to convince us that this game is p2w cmon man be a man of your words geez

done.

im done.

im getting tired of troll threads.

i know its the "interwebs lololol", but its damn annoying when its not even funny.

this has just been a massive waste of time for everyone involved.

no lolz were had.

-4/10

Did i force you to reply? You spend your time how you want.

It is just about the principle. You cant say "no its not" because the item doesnt make you significantly stronger. Its just the simple "Pay to get better stuff than f2p" All im saying is that this is the beginning of "p2w".

"You can't say it doesn't matter because the item isn't very useful."

"It doesn't matter because there are outright more useful items."

Well, in reality it all boils down to what you think is Pay 2 Win.

The main thing however is, in reality, what's there to win in Warframe? The real issue with Pay 2 Win would be in pvp, when you can obtain an advantage in power over other players so that you are harder to kill / kill faster.

Now, if we think that Pay 2 Win is simply whenever there is something that you cannot obtain through paying, like Titan Prime, Exca Prime, etc.. then yes, we can assume Warframe is Pay 2 Win.

But again, win what?

If you think that a Titan Prime getting double resources of the normal one is granting an unfair advantage over normal F2P players then, by your logic, Warframe already is Pay 2 Win since when they added materials to the market. Why farming materials when I can buy them?

But I bet you never thought or will never think about having materials to the market as P2W, ever.

In my opinion, for what I consider P2W, Warframe it's still simply a Pay for Convenience.

Different skins and an additional polarity for a warframe and 2 weapons (which I bet people just ranked to 30 and forgot about them..) is not going to make Warframe P2W.

It can change in the future, but I still don't see this Titan Prime as the first step towards P2W.

I don't see it as any different than what we've already had available to use thus far. You have always been able to use platinum to buy things you didn't want to farm for; this isn't really any different. I mean, I guess I'll miss the scarf, but not for 100+ dollars. 

The problem with Platinum in Warframe *in general* is that there really isn't any reason to spend it unless you are, again, impatient or simply can't be bothered to farm something. As someone who *has* contributed to the founders package I still have something like 2,000 platinum sitting on my account because I simply can't justify purchasing things that I can get by actually playing the game. 

This game needs more cosmetics. Cosmetics are how you get me to spend my money.