Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage reduced after overguard removed?

MutoManiac

Question

Hi all! Hope you are having a good day.

Probably not the first to notice, but can anyone shed some light on why after removing overguard, the damage goes from 11,710 to just 166? I thought that they would take more damage after overguard would be removed. I made a 20 second video below to demonstrate. Thanks

6 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

First, armor.

Second, overguard is designed to take 50% more damage from void damage, and amps deal exclusively void unless you use an arcane .

Oh, good to know, thanks. So you would recommend using an arcane to do more damage? Which arcane? Or just keep it as is and switch to my frame once overguard is removed?

20 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Oh, good to know, thanks. So you would recommend using an arcane to do more damage? Which arcane? Or just keep it as is and switch to my frame once overguard is removed?

Operators deal very little damage, unless you are using a dedicated eidolon setup.

Just switching to your frame and blasting them with your weapons will always be faster unless they are very low levels.

Virtuous forge converts your damage to 98% heat

Virtuous trojan converts your damage to 98% viral.

33 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Operators deal very little damage, unless you are using a dedicated eidolon setup.

Just switching to your frame and blasting them with your weapons will always be faster unless they are very low levels.

Virtuous forge converts your damage to 98% heat

Virtuous trojan converts your damage to 98% viral.

Oh, nice, I don't have those, so time to start the farm. 🙂

I know I can do way more damage with a frame. It's just that I never really played much as the operator because they seemed weak, but now I'm almost maxed in most schools and seems a lot more fun. Just also testing out the 747 which I just got and have yet to see an improvement over the 777 or the 177. Seems good enough though and I'm sure has it's uses.

Thanks for your help.

On 2023-01-20 at 8:24 AM, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

So you would recommend using an arcane to do more damage? Which arcane? Or just keep it as is and switch to my frame once overguard is removed?

if you want to Kill things with spacekid, you'd use Magus Accelerant and Magus Melt together.
maybe with Virtuos Forge? i don't 100% remember if that's currently necessary to have Fire Damage or if Magnus Melt will work on its own.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you want to Kill things with spacekid, you'd use Magus Accelerant and Magus Melt together.
maybe with Virtuos Forge? i don't 100% remember if that's currently necessary to have Fire Damage or if Magnus Melt will work on its own.

Why oh why do all the good operator arcanes have to be behind the most annoying farms? Sounds like a good combo thought, so off I go to the suffering! 😝 Thanks taiiat.

Archived