The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despair Vs Brakk

wwwdots

Question

despair was use to be one of the best 2nd hand weapon. but thx to the 2.0 dmg system change. despair seems nerfed. brakk would make a better 2nd hand now? it had no armour piercing before. now it does have 50 puncture , 50 impact and 50 slash. mean while despair has 2.8 impact 44 puncture and 8.2 slash. so I assume brakk is a better choice?

14 answers to this question

Yes, pre 2.0 Despair was definitely better against high level enemies. Now Brakk obliterates pretty much every secondary.

Of course not considering that we don't really know the elemental resistances yet and therefore can't judge how hard elemental damage scales with base damage. Still hard to believe Despair can make up for all its drawbacks with a minimally higher AP damage.

Edited by his1nightmare

Before 2.0 it was closer than you were are giving it credit for, shot for shot Brakk with no return does more armor piercing damage than despair with no return due to super high base damage.

despair was 55 base armor piercing+90% from no return=104.5 armor piercing

Brakk with no return had 150*0.9=135 armor piercing damage (plus 150 non-armor piercing).

Comparable rates of fire, but brakk reloaded slightly slower and had a smaller clip.

because of Brakks crazy base damage, it still put out more damage until stuff got to an insanely high armor ratting, and even then I think it would still win burst damage, and wouldn't really fall behind until reloading became a factor.

Admittedly I still haven't gotten a despair drop, so I don't have first hand experience with it, but thats how the numbers always looked to me.

you forgotten despair had a natural serrated aka armor piercing dmg vs brakk normal bullet dmg. the whole point im making on this topic is where it use to be normal dmg vs serrated dmg. regardless how high normal dmg is, with out serrated dmg, theres just too much armour as enemys reaches 100. normal dmg means nothing with out serrated dmg even with pericing mods. where serration or criticals wins at late game. now its changed to 3 different dmg types.