Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over 500 self-indulgent Augment Mods plus the ability to turn Augment Mods into Shards!

3mptylord

2 hours ago, 3mptylord said:

I had some time so I thought I'd review my Zephyr augments and create mockups for your new ideas - is it deliberate that this mod would remove the existing hold-cast for airburst? Did you perhaps intend for this to be a Turbulence Hold Cast instead?

At the moment yes, it would replace the current Hold Cast. The reason for that is because I don't think Zephyr should even have the hold cast that she has. Nobody ever uses it and is a detriment to her gameplay rather than a benefit. Realistically her Airburst would only have 1 cast type (the vacuum). 

It could work on Turbulence, but the reason I chose Airburst is keep it in theme with similar Augments (like Freeze Force and Smite Infusion) that give an alternate cast to spammable projectile/targeted abilities. The issue with it being attached to Turbulence is that you have no control over recasting it because Turbulence cannot be recast while its active to refresh the duration. Like Freeze and Smite, Airburst can be cast at any time to ensure that nearby allies can get the buff on demand. But also because I didn't what Turbulence to have 2 heavily melee focused augments, I would rather it be spread to each ability.

Like I mentioned above, I don't think that Airburst should have its current Hold Cast (the explosion). And if Airburst only had the single cast type, then that opens up 2 immediate Augments. The one we're currently discussing, as a Hold Cast. But also bringing the explosion back as an Augment, and then feeding it a ton of steroids. One of the Augments I'm working on (non-melee of course) is just this. The idea being the Hold Cast would actually let Zephyr charge the Airburst in hand while draining energy similar to Garuda. The AOE size and damage would increases with energy drained, and the per-enemy-hit multiplier would be higher as well. The explosion, rather than ragdolling enemies away, would Lift them into the air where they are (like with vacuum) and then deal a S#&$ TON of damage to them over time, like each enemy get hit with a Judgement Slash. This would be for Zephyr's who wanna play more of a Spellcaster type build, focusing on Zephyr's ability damage and would encourage building Strength.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Terridaks. said:
  • The Golden Hand (Exilus)
    • Earn [5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10%] fewer credits. Gain 1% bonus weapon damage per 100 credits forfeited.

So, it's a trap? The more you invest in this mod, the less effective it is?

The more you invest in the mod the more quickly you accumulate damage. At 5% you need to earn 2000 credits to gain 1% bonus damage; at 10% you only need to earn 1000 credits. 

• 3 weeks later...

1YwkJQ3.png

I decided to attempt to challenge Explosive Legerdemain's supremacy. 

I might also look to specifically come up with more/more explicit alternative options to Nekros and Khora within farm comps, although I suspect a hard limit on loot rolls might be necessary. I'm thinking that four (4) times per enemy seems like a reasonable cap on loot rolls? You've got effects like Pickpocket (Ivara) that consume a loot roll versus living targets; death always rolls once, with effects like Pilfering Strangledome and Pilfering Swarm rolling an additional time; and you've got effects like Desecrate (Kubrows and Nekros) that can gain 1 bonus roll per piece of torso. Most comps don't incorporate loot rolls versus living enemies, so that might be a good place to start. I mentioned before about "more explicit" alternatives because I have got a number of dismembering augments in my collection - but I'm not sure if synergizing with Nekros would make them worth being used instead of Khora. 

I'm also going to wait until after the Companion Rework in October to publish Volume 30 - since it contains a fair number of Companion augments. 

On 2023-02-03 at 9:28 AM, 3mptylord said:

Cooperative Sets. I was inspired by Xayah and Rakan in League of Legends to create two Warframes with cooperative abilities.

A bit off topic, but now I'm mad that it took me THIS LONG to realize why your name sounded so familiar. If you're the same Emptylord, then your work here for WF ideas makes sense considering your extensive archive of LOL reworks and custom champs. I loved going through those to see what ideas you had. I've got files upon files on of my own ideas and reworks for WF and LOL but I DO NOT have the patience to constantly type all that in forums/reddit.

18 hours ago, Zaghyr said:

A bit off topic, but now I'm mad that it took me THIS LONG to realize why your name sounded so familiar. If you're the same Emptylord, then your work here for WF ideas makes sense considering your extensive archive of LOL reworks and custom champs. I loved going through those to see what ideas you had. I've got files upon files on of my own ideas and reworks for WF and LOL but I DO NOT have the patience to constantly type all that in forums/reddit.

Haha, yeah, sounds like me. I've fallen so behind on League because it hasn't been a game I've enjoyed playing in a long time - but I still love the universe and the community. Would I recognize you by "Zaghyr" or were you more of a lurker? 

5 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

Haha, yeah, sounds like me. I've fallen so behind on League because it hasn't been a game I've enjoyed playing in a long time - but I still love the universe and the community. Would I recognize you by "Zaghyr" or were you more of a lurker? 

I only found you on that wiki because I was searching for other players' reworks and custom champs out of curiousity, and then came across yours, and thought "well I have 5 hours to kill, let's browse".