Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happens When I Login To Warframe

CrownOfShadows

So as players we all know how this feels, but I'm making an extended essay on it here because I feel like maybe DE doesn't quite understand the pain, and maybe they need a step by step explanation of why I don't want to play hardly anything, the things I DO play, and lastly some ways to improve.

Now before I start, let me say that if you have stuff to grind or you're new to the game, you probably won't feel this as much.

Let's work left to right. Here we go:

missions1.jpg

missions2.jpg

missions3.jpg

missions4.jpg

missions5.jpg

I assume my fellow Tenno experience the same frustrations when logging in - searching for something to do, especially once the sortie / archon hunt is done. What else is there? Well, fissures I guess. But what fissures? Well, maybe there's a disruption... nope, well maybe there's a disruption in regular fissures.... nope. Oh well, I guess I can go bang my head against the wall in a survival or see if I can get lucky with a good squad in an excavation.

If your experience is different, I'm curious about it (especially if you have everything already).

How to improve:

Let's talk briefly about improvements, although many many excellent suggestions have also been made already by others over the years

Arbitrations:

It's hard to improve on these, they're fine for what they are I suppose. A higher spawn rate is sometimes needed.

Fissures:

Put simply, share void traces with the team. This would make a lot of fissures much more playable, especially survival and spy, and it is surely not that hard to implement.

Excavations need some tuning for power cells or other solutions, and defense needs to be faster.

Other than that, more disruptions. If the fissure options were nothing but disruption, I'd be totally cool with that, but I suppose a little variety is okay. Working Void Cascades and Conjunction Survivals into the SP Fissures would also be very welcome. Or, if we want to be adventurous and create some new game modes here's the ideal punchlist: keep the team together, move the team around the map, allow it to be endless, have things that disturb the normal flow of the game - acolytes are awesome for this, but there can be other things.

Ayatan Treasure Hunt:

Unfortunately, to fix this we would need to make a new game mode, because it's tied to the Orokin tileset and specific parts of it at that. So this probably will never be fixed. If I was rebuilding it though, I'd make it a higher level stealth mission that can occur on any tileset, with multiple ayatan treasures in obscure locations and something like a golden eye effect that guides you a bit, or perhaps a dedicated deep maze of catacombs to explore. Even to this day, after playing WF for many years, I am still discovering new nooks and crannies in maps that blow my mind. Going through all that work just for one ayatan though - I'd rather do arbitration. Two? Maybe - probably not. Three? Yeah okay I'll spend like 15-20 minutes combing a tileset for 3 on occasion. Making finding them a bit more of an event would be good too - similar to the presentation in orokin vaults on deimos - like aha, the ROOM. Heck, maybe even steal and duplicate that mechanic so that keys are useful here too

Clem:

IMO, needs a complete overhaul. There's lots of opportunity to play AS Clem and bring over all the modifications we've been getting with Kahl and maybe a special Clem/Grineer arsenal, with rewards that feed into Chipper's store somehow. Maybe a squad of Grineer on an exterminate mission - the survival is just painful. This is low hanging fruit.

Kuva Siphons:

IMO, remove requiem fissures and make Kuva Siphons crack requiem relics. That would provide enough combined value to make them worthwhile. This is also low hanging fruit.

Nightmare:

At this point, we need SP versions, hopefully with overhauled modifiers and overhauled rewards. They are good in concept, and early game they ARE good, but late game they are completely worthless. You could consolidate them into a single daily SP nightmare mission similar to sorties, or multiple missions similar to incursions. Right now, there are far too many available at one time and I'm pretty amazed when I find somebody in one of them when I swing by.

Invasions:

IMO, need a complete overhaul. They are much too grindy to be enjoyable. Here's what I'd do for these: create a mini open world of sorts, nothing fancy - just a grineer outpost or factory, with things to do or events that pop up all over, all of them quick and fast - defend this thingy here, do a quick spy over in this section, do a quick mini exterminate over here, go sabotage a thing under here - and offer a little shop with rewards for those activities with fieldron and detonite and all the weapon parts. That way players can play what they like. It's just a large grineer station you can wander around and do things in. Kinda like if a relay had mini-missions pop up in it. And probably at the same time remove them from the dojo offerings. This is not low hanging fruit, but I doubt there would be any real benefit to creating SP versions of these. The really low hanging fruit would be: move them all into dojo offerings, including the weapons, and deep six invasions completely. The invasion rewards, with all their scattered weapon parts, are very much like an unrealized open world / syndicate store. Hell, maybe even make a full-blown grineer open world (kinda crazy we actually don't have this - Earth kinda counts... but also doesn't, it's more like a Tenno world with a grineer occupation, idk - it's no Kuva Fortress) - hey, maybe make a kuva fortress subsection with all this stuff that's available early on.

Sanctuary Onslaught:

Must probably remain as is. I don't actually enjoy it, but it serves its purpose I guess.

Syndicate Missions:

Need SP variants. Personally, I'd overhaul the entire system, but this is again not something that can really be invested in. I would however add to the rewards in syndicate missions to make them worth something besides rep (and not just +1 SE, because then Incursions or Fissures are still better to do).

Railjack Voidstorms:

Sigh... yeah, this is a whole topic - see other player's extensive discussions about this. There's a lot to love, a lot to hate, and a lot to improve. If voidstorms were streamlined and given some final touches I'd for sure play them regularly, RJ is fun.

Edit: I forgot about interception fissures. These are okay, but are underpopulated and without 4 players can be hard, or on SP impossible. That they are endless is nice, and they can be comparable in speed to other options, but for some reason people don't like them as much. Void traces are definitely an issue in regular fissures.

My main point with all of this: If I log in and don't see a disruption fissure, I see if I can scrape the other offerings for something to do, and if not - i'm out

Having only one mission type that's enjoyable and rewarding out of all of these offerings - and one that is only rarely available - is not good.

The curse of warframe. The more you play in, the less reasons youll find to keep playing it.

I want some endless mission where i just can kill enemies or they kill me. Like survival or zombie hord, but conditions is to kill enemies either ones who spawned or they spawn in in increasing ammounts and i need to stay alive for x ammount of times. Then next wave comes increasing their lvl by 50 and so on. 

Often times ill just log into warframe, chat in region and with my clan for a bit and log out, not really having much interest in doing anything.

I find its a good idea to play other games so you can allow yourself some time to get interested in Warframe again.

Right now i've been playing Elden Ring and i've picked up Elite Dangerous again, and i'm having a great time with them. I'm sure in a week or two i'll be back on Warframe doing my dailies and whatnot.

Be aware, I play other games. They're okay. I've played WF enough to be aware of the cycles inside and out. The thing is... it really doesn't have to be this way.

Also be aware, I'm not asking for difficulty, I'm asking for engaging content. Higher difficulty DOES make the game more engaging, but they're not the same thing.

Archived