Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe crashes before the login screen on AMD 23.2.2, for RX 7900 XTX cards (fixed)

DreamerDream

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

The latest Adrenaline version 23.4.2 has potentially fixed this issue!

If you continue to encounter your RDNA3 GPU resetting while playing, please document in detail exactly what you were looking at and what your graphics settings are so we can track it down.

Hello,

I have a strange situation. After updating GPU drivers for amd 7900 xtx from Adrealine 23.1.1 to 23.2.1, game is crashing my gpu drivers after log in screen (in less than 5 sec upon taking control over frame).

Initial checks.

Well, at least in those few games that I've checked so far after updating drivers, I don't have any issue. Only Warframe have a problem. I'm using default GPU settings - this means on OC, no undervolt and so one.

What is interesting, choosing dx11 instead dx12 resolves the problem. On dx11 game works fine, and no any issue on newest driver version. I've already played several hours on dx 11 and not a single crash.

To be honest i'm a little lost. I could understand if game would only crash, but not the whole gpu drivers.

I did not change anything in PC for the past 1 month except installing newest drivers now . I'v also tried to use DDU, but it's the same after reinstalling. Game for some reason have a problem with dx12 and I have no idea what (and where) is the problem.

Reinstalling older drivers back makes Warframe works again on dx12, but by going again to the newest drivers, game is crashing if I try to play on dx12.

On google I could not see anyone a single thread about issues on 7900 xtx on newest drivers. There were report about 6xxx having some problem, but nothing about 7900xtx.

I don't even know if this is only related to my PC, or other owners of 7900xtx also have this issue with dx12 :|

Edited by DreamerDream
  • Like 1

I too am experiencing this issue with only dx12 after the aforementioned driver update. Driver hangs after login when I assume orbiter assets are loading in.

I am also using an rx 7900 xtx at default settings.

NOTE: After some testing this only appears to happen if the

Spoiler

drifter camp is the login location. The crash also occurs if you travel to the drifter camp from the orbiter.

After testing some other locations, I was unable to get the game to crash on any tilesets I tried (Earth, Corpus outpost, gas city, Grineer shipyard, Cambion drift, Lua, Zariman), so as far as I can tell the issue only affects the location mentioned above.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 1:15 PM, DreamerDream said:

I don't even know if this is only related to my PC, or other owners of 7900xtx also have this issue with dx12 :|

I have a 7900XTX in my computer, can confirm that this is a new bug and that it's not just your system. We're investigating.  For now you can work around the problem by playing with Classic renderer or revert to DX11

• Like 2

on the latest build of Warframe (32.3.5), and the latest Driver for my GPU (23.2.2), I can't actually login and play the game.

AMD Adrenaline 23.2.2
AMD RX 7900 XTX

I've tried this with the driver settings at default.  I've tried it with and without HDR enabled in Windows.

I filed a couple of bug reports as the crashes happened, and included some information along the way.

EDIT: issue appears to be fixed by AMD Adrenaline 23.4.2, on build 33.0.0 (The Duviri Paradox)

Edited by KaishiAxon
including the specific version of warframe where I'm having this problem.

Regarding 23.3.1 on RX 7900 XTX

Warframe 32.3.5 works fine but only in DX11 mode.  DX12 mode hard crashes my entire computer.  I tried cleaning out all traces of the old drivers and doing a clean reinstall.

Note that other DX12 games are working as intended at this time.  I'm not sure what changed or where but [DE] folks need to be looking into this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you continue to encounter your RDNA3 GPU resetting while playing, please document in detail exactly what you were looking at and what your graphics settings are so we can track it down.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thanks for the update @[DE]Momaw ! I'm testing it now for you and I'll confirm one way or the other.

EDIT: So far so good, driver hasn't choked in DX12 mode or crashed my entire computer yet.  I haven't experimented with the New content but older content has been just great.

Edited by KaishiAxon

I'm having the same problem with my RX 5600 XT warframe just turns off after 20sec and unable to play running on adrenaline v 23.4.2 

tried both DX11 and 12 still crashes should i just revert my drivers?

even tried verifying and reinstalling the game still crashes

Edit: I uninstalled the steam ver. of the game and reinstalled the stand alone ver. and its working fine now

Edited by Bok_Pudding
update to my case