Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

hang on launch

cha0sWyrM

so for the past week or so ive been having a problem that seems to occur fairly often when launching warframe. when i get to the login screen, i enter my password and upon hitting enter the game freezes. if i try to tab out, i am presented with my options but am unable to select anything. i can tab out and hover over my windows button which will allow me to type in task manager and open it...but i am unable to interact with it to end the warframe process.

i can tab around as much as i want, but no matter what i do i cant click on anything well....i can click on it and it shows it has been clicked on...but the thing doesnt respond. however...if i dont shut down via the power button and just wait...after about 4-5 minutes warframe will load up and my computer behaves normally again.

as i mentioned...this started within the last week or so and happens often. ive never had any such issues previously.

im on win 10 with an rtx2060

now i just had it lock up when joining a mission.

screen went black, but i could still hear the sounds of the loading screen..which werre themselves stuck on a loop. i was able to tab out to task manager and end the warframe process that way.

there have been a whole lot of game crashing bugs since cross play was introduced...just sayin'

This sounds like a disk issue to me, as I've had the exact same problems on a system with this issue; I'd make sure there are no bad sectors and clean up anything by using the chkdsk utility, defragment (or trim if on SSD, Windows will handle both just fine from disk defrag tool) utility, and the "optimization" button from the launcher.

I'd also check task manager (open it prior to launching the game) and see how much disk usage it's using just to confirm if this is the issue; if it's stuck at 100% the whole time and has poor response times, it's likely the cause.

Archived