Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon Mission Veil Blast Attacks Problem

CrusaderTheFirst

Archon missions are meant to be very challenging and that's fine, but there's a really annoying problem.

Every regular narmer enemy can do this attack where it launches a large projectile after charging that instantly kills almost every warframe in one hit. I'm not sure if the attack has a name but I call it "Veil Blast" But that's not all, this attack has a high chance to proc slash! Just one tick of slash can instantly kill you after you get hit from the attack. There's no way around it! This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that you don't have spare revives in archon missions! The attack can even instantly destroy or at least significantly hurt mobile defense objectives! The attack is not super easy to avoid and it's cast quite often.

Just please, PLEASE nerf this attack for archon hunts! Tone down the damage significantly and remove its ability to proc slash so it doesn't cause one hit deaths. It feels completely unfair and I'm surprised nobody else is talking about it. I shouldn't be forced to use Arcane Deflection just because of one attack that still does thousands of damage.

I think in the EE.log it's called SuperChargedSuitBlast or the likes, does 50k True damage and Slash proc for 5 seconds, able to kill everything it hits. Fine for now, the real issue it's such attack behaves like a homing nuclear bomb and I say this because I've seeing it several times turning to deal with corners and hit their mark. So even if a player is skilled or not to dodge it, it will hit you soon or later.

So for me the orange enemies are top priority over Eximi units during Archon hunts. Once priorities are setup right, you will barely die for unkown reasons.

10 minutes ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

I think in the EE.log it's called SuperChargedSuitBlast or the likes, does 50k True damage and Slash proc for 5 seconds, able to kill everything it hits. Fine for now, the real issue it's such attack behaves like a homing nuclear bomb and I say this because I've seeing it several times turning to deal with corners and hit their mark. So even if a player is skilled or not to dodge it, it will hit you soon or later.

So for me the orange enemies are top priority over Eximi units during Archon hunts. Once priorities are setup right, you will barely die for unkown reasons.

If they turn corners, and you don't face in that direction, you have no chance of actively avoiding it. Would explain the BS deaths I've run into in Archon hunts. That is not difficulty, that is just RNG "you die" mechanics. Like Babby's first try at game mastering.

Can't decide if passive aggressive or just incompetence.

19 minutes ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

50k true damage and procs slash? That's just overkill, especially on objectives. I didn't know it could home in on targets and go around corners though. If the attack could not home in, did 2-5k blast damage on direct hit and less radial damage, and doesn't proc bleed. It think it would be fine. If it sounds too weak, maybe keeping with the narmer's veil theme, have it also flashbang the player similar to bursas.

9 minutes ago, CrusaderTheFirst said:

have it also flashbang the player similar to bursas.

God NO. I'm photosensible and prone to migrains. Grey smoke nade maybe.

People keeps fighting against the flashbang nade and white loading screens for a reason, they hurt players health. Still nothing is done yet after years...

1 hour ago, Somnium_Bellator said:

God NO. I'm photosensible and prone to migrains. Grey smoke nade maybe.

People keeps fighting against the flashbang nade and white loading screens for a reason, they hurt players health. Still nothing is done yet after years...

Smoke does sound better yeah. Orange sentient smoke. Getting rid of flashbang on bursas also sounds good but back on topic. I just don't want the blast move to be unfair anymore. Have it be a reasonable attack that is fair.

Archived