Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I stop farming Mother Tokens?

leachPrime

Question

I've been farming mother tokens day and night. Currently I have 60,000 mother tokens, aiming for 90,000. I am hoping to make a good plat out of this. Will the next Night of Naberus bring Exodia Contagion just like last year? Or am I doing it for nothing? Am I needing a warning from community before I end up in nightmares?

4 answers to this question

I don't see any reason Exodia contagion would be removed from the Halloween event.

I can't help but think there's easier ways to make plat, but as along as you're enjoying yourself, go nuts.

I assume you'll have to wait a while for the price to go back up, but even then, they're pretty cheap afaik. I can't imagine there's a lot of buyers out there. With the amount you'll buy, you might have trouble selling them (unless you plan to undercut everyone).

4 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I don't see any reason Exodia contagion would be removed from the Halloween event.

I think DE said they are reworking Plague Star event. So I assumed bringing exodia contagion back to the Night Of Naberus was a compensation. And someone recently told me they would finish reworking the event after the Duviri update. So I was baffled.

I can't help but think there's easier ways to make plat, but as along as you're enjoying yourself, go nuts.

Yes. I'm enjoying. Instead of one dimensional prime parts farming(sorry i had to say that), I get to get aya, endo and amber stars. Also there are a lot of mission types too. I currently have 700 stars, 200 aya(100 used) and 300,000 endos. Last year I had about 500,000 endos lol

I can't imagine there's a lot of buyers out there. With the amount you'll buy, you might have trouble selling them (unless you plan to undercut everyone).

Not everyone. There are some people who buys with 5 or 10p less than the market's cheapest but buy in bulk. Last year I had someone who bought from me everyday. So including him and others, I made over 5000 plats. Spent everything to buy arcanes. Totally worth it.

1 hour ago, leachPrime said:

Yes. I'm enjoying.

To me, that's the most important part, everything else is a distant 2nd place to the enjoyment factor. Why stop at 90k, go for 200k+, you've still got plenty of time :P 

I certainly hope for your sake that DE doesn't start adding more caps on the purchases, but I can't see that ever happening for limited time events.

I wonder if their "rework" on Plague star is them looking for an excuse to remove the built formas (or make them substantially more expensive, or add a cap). That particular event is well overdue for bug fixes, and yet they run it roughly every year. It's interesting the number of other events that they don't repeat, yet Plague star does get rerun semi-regularly (no doubt they're aware if they remove Plague star/built-forma-event, there's going to be considerable push-back). /tinfoil-hat moment

Happy hunting, tenno.

2 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Why stop at 90k, go for 200k+, you've still got plenty of time :P 

I want to but I might be busy after 1 or 2 month from now on.

I certainly hope for your sake that DE doesn't start adding more caps on the purchases, but I can't see that ever happening for limited time events.

I hope that too. I also hope they don't make exodia contagion Plague Star exclusive again. 

I wonder if their "rework" on Plague star is them looking for an excuse to remove the built formas (or make them substantially more expensive, or add a cap). That particular event is well overdue for bug fixes, and yet they run it roughly every year. It's interesting the number of other events that they don't repeat, yet Plague star does get rerun semi-regularly (no doubt they're aware if they remove Plague star/built-forma-event, there's going to be considerable push-back). /tinfoil-hat moment

I didn't know the event sold built formas. But the formas would be the least of my concern. They ran it every year but 2022 was an exception. But I hope everything turns out well.

Happy hunting, tenno.

You too tenno.

Archived