Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime

Wallace24

yes, i realize that Damage 2.0 is still a work in progress, a learning process, and things are liable to change. But I just want to say I am very disappointed that Boar Prime's status percent was stealth nerfed all the way down to 10%

first thing I did upon U11's drop yesterday was to check out the codex, and I went through all the old weapons I'd mastered just to see what damage 2.0 did to them all. and two weapons stood out once I played around a bit and wrapped my head around the new status effects a little bit: Jaw Sword and Boar Prime had a base status effect of 50%

so, in a rash decision, I whipped out my boar prime and modded it. much to my dismay, I only had 30 mod capacity, so I potatoed it on a whim. I noticed most prime weapons had a higher status chance than their base counterparts, but this was going to be boar prime's big selling point. it was certainly fun while it lasted, the combos I could manage were quite enjoyable (still don't have any poison damage mods. DO WANT), and the impact effect was fun

but alas, DE has nerfed it so that it's nothing really special, latron prime has a status chance of 15%, for comparison, and 10% seems to be pretty standard. then again, I don't entirely understand how the status chance works, and if it's per bullet, then I suppose this nerf for a shotgun is understandable. but because I don't know, I am simply disappointed. not mad, disappointed

I've been using the Boar Prime and that 10% is better than you'd think.  From what I can tell the chance of a status effect occurring is calculated on a per pellet basis.  Given that the weapon fires six pellets per attack and shoots pretty quickly, the status effects tend to rack up much more frequently than on a weapons with higher listed values but with fewer projectiles.

I've been using the Boar Prime and that 10% is better than you'd think.  From what I can tell the chance of a status effect occurring is calculated on a per pellet basis.  Given that the weapon fires six pellets per attack and shoots pretty quickly, the status effects tend to rack up much more frequently than on a weapons with higher listed values but with fewer projectiles.

This. Slap Blast on it and watch ragdolling mobs whole day.

On top of the pellet for pellet basis, add hells chamber for 13/14 pellets, where that 10% is almost a garanteed benefit on one of those pellets, quite often I'd say two, and sometimes three it would work with.

EDIT: I'm more upset the MK1 braton has a status chance of 1%... :(

Edited by Stakhanov

i dont know how exactly status % work, but just let u know boar prime is now 13 damage*9 pellets=117. hey they have buff it to a proper level. worth the catalyst trust me.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Boar Prime yesterday. Which on the other hand was sorely needed as Swraith performance was such a sour disapointment

Even if Boar Prime had it's status chance nerfed, it is still currently the #1 Shotgun when U11 was released.

Comparison: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134859-best-current-shotgun/#entry1622606

Though I didn't create a comparison on Sobek but it's kinda obvious that Sobek isn't about high DPS but rather about how it can sustain it's DPS through it's high magazine.

Even if Boar Prime had it's status chance nerfed, it is still currently the #1 Shotgun when U11 was released.

Comparison: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134859-best-current-shotgun/#entry1622606

Though I didn't create a comparison on Sobek but it's kinda obvious that Sobek isn't about high DPS but rather about how it can sustain it's DPS through it's high magazine.

plz dont do this kind of useless dps calculation in warframe. one interesting fact i am going to tell u is that Boar had better dps and sustained dps than Hek and Sobek in U10, and Boar is a pretty bad shotgun.

plz dont do this kind of useless dps calculation in warframe. one interesting fact i am going to tell u is that Boar had better dps and sustained dps than Hek and Sobek in U10, and Boar is a pretty bad shotgun.

Which is more useless, me providing facts or you providing 100% assumptions? K bye

Which is more useless, me providing facts or you providing 100% assumptions? K bye

tell me who is making assumptions that u have 100% accuracy, infinite ammo and 0 recoil with all the shotguns?

is it me? and it seems u dont even care to do the math, so just let me do it for u.

U10 data:

Sustained DPS: 

Sobek: 168.75

Hek: 142.89

Boar : 228.84

DPS per magazine

Sobek: 354

Hek: 308

Boar : 492

-----------------

according to ur assumptions, boar was top rank shotgun in U10

Edited by Eric1738

tell me who is making assumptions that u have 100% accuracy, infitinite ammo and 0 recoil with all the shotguns?

is it me? and it seems u dont even care to do the math, so just let me do it for u.

U10 data:

Sustained DPS: 

Sobek: 168.75

Hek: 142.89

Boar : 228.84

DPS per magazine

Sobek: 354

Hek: 308

Boar : 492

-----------------

So in the Lech Kril tests, where was Boar?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89592-unofficial-weapon-benchmark/#entry992580

Infinite Ammo? I was talking about DPS so the main thing that affects it would be the base damage, fire rate, critical, magazine and reload speed NOT the maximum ammo. Recoil? That is irrelevant because who the hecks tries to shoot their shotgun faraway when there is a damage fall-off? Well, that's probably only you lol

Boar from U10 have no access to critical while critical gives very high exponential damage boost. Which is why U10 Straith is just sh*tting on all other Shotguns due to it's very high base damage which is 190 and high critical chance/damage.

Mine? It's yours kid, not mine.

So in the Lech Kril tests, where was Boar?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89592-unofficial-weapon-benchmark/#entry992580

Infinite Ammo? I was talking about DPS so the main thing that affects it would be the base damage, fire rate, critical, magazine and reload speed NOT the maximum ammo. Recoil? That is irrelevant because who the hecks tries to shoot their shotgun faraway when there is a damage fall-off? Well, that's probably only you lol

Boar from U10 have no access to critical while critical gives very high exponential damage boost. Which is why U10 Straith is just sh*tting on all other Shotguns due to it's very high base damage which is 190 and high critical chance/damage.

Mine? It's yours kid, not mine.

r u out of ur mind? u r the one doing dps calculation and caimed boar prime is the No1 dps shotgun in game. quote: "Sorry to say for Straith Fanboys but Boar Prime currently sits as #1 Shotgun when it comes to base DPS."

what i am trying to say is, in theory? yes, but r u playing this game on the paper? cos i am not. if anything boar prime will use Tainted shell to reduce its excessive attack speed while sobek dont give a S#&$ about it. in the end their attack speed is very similar, so is their real dps. boar prime is a great shotgun in U11, dont get me wrong, but Sobek is just better.

r u out of ur mind? u r the one doing dps calculation and caimed boar prime is the No1 dps shotgun in game. quote: "Sorry to say for Straith Fanboys but Boar Prime currently sits as #1 Shotgun when it comes to base DPS."

what i am trying to say is, in theory? yes, but r u playing this game on the paper? cos i am not. if anything boar prime will use Tainted shell to reduce its excessive attack speed while sobek dont give a S#&$ about it. in the end their attack speed is very similar, so is their real dps. boar prime is a great shotgun in U11, dont get me wrong, but Sobek is just better.

My DPS Calculation was based on U11 so start reading first kiddo before you explode and start assuming things, click the link again.

My DPS Calculation was based on U11 so start reading first kiddo before you explode and start assuming things, click the link again.

it doesnt matter, be it U11 or U100. theoretical dps only reflects a part of the problem. if u want to claim a gun being No1 dps, u shouldnt rely fully on calculations

Edited by Eric1738

it doesnt matter, be it U11 or U100. theoretical dps only reflects a part of the problem. if u want to claim a gun being No1 dps, u shouldnt rely fully on calculations

Even if you do consider the recoil and accuracy, again, it is IRRELEVANT to shotguns because you need to shoot it on near point-blank range so you can maximize it's DPS, basically, you can consider that shotguns are one of the weapons where you can easily calculate the DPS. Back on U10, on paper and in-game, Straith really proved itself as #1 Shotgun due to it's massive base DPS (calc'd in paper) and it killed Lech Kril on the weapon benchmark pretty fast to get Rank 2 (below Acrid). Your Boar is better than Straith on U10? You gotta be kidding.

Even if you do consider the recoil and accuracy, again, it is IRRELEVANT to shotguns because you need to shoot it on near point-blank range so you can maximize it's DPS, basically, you can consider that shotguns are one of the weapons where you can easily calculate the DPS. Back on U10, on paper and in-game, Straith really proved itself as #1 Shotgun due to it's massive base DPS (calc'd in paper) and it killed Lech Kril on the weapon benchmark pretty fast to get Rank 2 (below Acrid). Your Boar is better than Straith on U10? You gotta be kidding.

did i ever compare boar with S Wraith? listen carefully SW was No1 dps shotgun during U10 not only because of its theoretical dps. it has decent spread, recoil and other relative stuff. boar being bad killing Kril proves my point: dps calculation means nothing in this game. while u trying to convince the others Boar prime is No1 dps by dps calculation? where is ur logic?

did i ever compare boar with S Wraith? listen carefully SW was No1 dps shotgun during U10 not only because of its theoretical dps. it has decent spread, recoil and other relative stuff. boar being bad killing Kril proves my point: dps calculation means nothing in this game. while u trying to convince the others Boar prime is No1 dps by dps calculation? where is ur logic?

OMG! Are you a kid?! I can't believe that after I explained all that you never understood a thing!

My DPS Calculations was based on the changes of U11 where as Strun Wraith was greatly NERFED and Boar Prime was significantly BOOSTED. God, your lack of comprehension... I'm speechless.

OMG! Are you a kid?! I can't believe that after I explained all that you never understood a thing!

My DPS Calculations was based on the changes of U11 where as Strun Wraith was greatly NERFED and Boar Prime was significantly BOOSTED. God, your lack of comprehension... I'm speechless.

u r the one being unreasonable. in U11, Boar prime dps> S Wraith so BP> SW overall? my counterpoint is that in U10 Boar's dps>Hek and Sobek and it sucks.

u r the one being unreasonable. in U11, Boar prime dps> S Wraith so BP> SW overall? my counterpoint is that in U10 Boar's dps>Hek and Sobek and it sucks.

... Oh god... so you base your knowledge from U10 when it's already U11? If that's so, then believe what you want to believe, I'm done

... Oh god... so you base your knowledge from U10 when it's already U11? If that's so, then believe what you want to believe, I'm done

very funny, cos U11 doesnt change anything on the dps calculation. it's still about base damage, attack speed, clip size and reload speed.