Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing Syndicate problem.

AjninSlayer

I'm new to this game and just wanted to know how to properly join a syndicate, i accepted a quest the glast gambit but wanted to join steel meridian syndicate and pledged to them. Now I'm having a hard time figuring out how i'm supposed to get the quest for steel meridian having done this since the glast gambit is a quest for a different syndicate.. help please.

Welcome Tenno :)

The Glast Gambit quest is separate to the syndicate system.  Doing that quest doesn't award syndicate standing, and you can do that regardless of which Syndicates you pledge to.

After you pledge to a syndicate, you will start earning standing for them in any missions you do - When you get to rank 1, that will unlock the syndicate alerts (3 missions per day) for that syndicate, which will earn standing for completing the mission as well as having syndicate medallions to pick up (which can be exchanged for standing).

I'd recommend pledging to a set of 3 syndicates at once - you can choose either the Loka/Perrin/Red Veil set or the Meridian/Suda/Hexis set.

(It's important you do those sets, and not any random 3 - because you need to account for the enemy aspect, where each syndicate has allies and enemies)

Doing the set of 3 syndicates that are together all allied/neutral isn't much work to get them all levelled up.  You will get negative standing with the remaining 2 syndicates - but it is possible later to switch your pledges to the other set, and then work your way through the remaining ones you need to get everything.   Or you can trade most of the syndicate items with other players who have standing in the other set to you.

More info on Syndicates:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Syndicate

"The Glast Gambit" is a Quest. Quests are a completely separate thing from Syndicates.

The only thing that counts in the syndicate system is pledging yourself to the one you like. There will be no story consequences for doing so.
Hell, i'm at war with Perrin Sequence (not because of me, mind you) and they still allowed me to do the quest when it was released.

The only negative you'll get for pissing off some syndicates is that they will occasionally send eximus death squads after you, which is more of a blessing than a curse - they are great sources of extra affinity when they decide to show up.

And you won't be able to buy their stuff from them, of course. But you can trade for it with other players.

Archived