Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does support for the older CPUs will end with the Duviri release on April 26?

KVG_UMBRA

Question

7 answers to this question

If I didn't miss anything, Duviri's update will just put the enhanced render engine by default. Which may require a better CPU. But know that this render engine is already available just try enabling it and see by yourself if it works already. That way you will have the most accurate answer you'd possibly get.

Also I believe they won't delete the old engine right away, it will just be depreciated, meaning any new glitches won't be fixed until they completely get rid of it. Meaning that even if it doesn't work at all you could very likely be able to still play for a little while with the older engine.

4 hours ago, Rathalio said:

If I didn't miss anything, Duviri's update will just put the enhanced render engine by default. Which may require a better CPU. But know that this render engine is already available just try enabling it and see by yourself if it works already. That way you will have the most accurate answer you'd possibly get.

Also I believe they won't delete the old engine right away, it will just be depreciated, meaning any new glitches won't be fixed until they completely get rid of it. Meaning that even if it doesn't work at all you could very likely be able to still play for a little while with the older engine.

Graphics rendering is not about CPU but GPU. I can run the game on an enhanced graphic engine right now, so it's not dependent on new CPU SSE 4.1-4.2 protocols requirements which I don't have.

4 hours ago, (PSN)SeekerLoki said:

The answer is yes.  The post about this is here:

Yeah, I see it now. Well... need to save some money. For now - goodbye, Warframe

1 hour ago, KVG_UMBRA said:

Graphics rendering is not about CPU but GPU. I can run the game on an enhanced graphic engine right now, so it's not dependent on new CPU SSE 4.1-4.2 protocols requirements which I don't have.

I know, I know, at first I thought Duviri was just about the render engine that's why I talked about that.

But as SeekerLoki pointed out, more general minimum spec updates are also getting effective at the same time. Although I would still give it a shot if I were you because you might still be able to play a bit before you get your new PC config. Because games usually never deny you accessing them even if you don't meet the requirements, you will just likely step upon a few bugs and a few more performance issues & don't be legitimate anymore to ask for fixing, but that will probably be it. Or if they do really block you the access to the game then rip. They haven't really be clear about the behaviour of their minimum specs other than they give you some warnings. So who knows you might still be able to connect a few times & craft your daily forma x')

Anyways whatever happens next, getting a new CPU sounds like a good idea since these requirements are asking about a decade old technologies, an upgrade will likely prove useful for your computer in general whenever you can afford it.

22 hours ago, Rathalio said:

I know, I know, at first I thought Duviri was just about the render engine that's why I talked about that.

But as SeekerLoki pointed out, more general minimum spec updates are also getting effective at the same time. Although I would still give it a shot if I were you because you might still be able to play a bit before you get your new PC config. Because games usually never deny you accessing them even if you don't meet the requirements, you will just likely step upon a few bugs and a few more performance issues & don't be legitimate anymore to ask for fixing, but that will probably be it. Or if they do really block you the access to the game then rip. They haven't really be clear about the behaviour of their minimum specs other than they give you some warnings. So who knows you might still be able to connect a few times & craft your daily forma x')

Anyways whatever happens next, getting a new CPU sounds like a good idea since these requirements are asking about a decade old technologies, an upgrade will likely prove useful for your computer in general whenever you can afford it.

Apex Legend also requires a CPU with SSE 4.1 support, and it just won't start at all on my PC. I expect that with Warframe too. The game engine not going to even start on incompatible hardware. As I understand those SSE protocols are very critical.

Yeah, I need a new PC like 5 years ago, I know it. Money issues and bigger problems delaying my new PC. Maybe I try GeForce NOW just to try out the Duviri experience.

28 minutes ago, KVG_UMBRA said:

Apex Legend also requires a CPU with SSE 4.1 support, and it just won't start at all on my PC. I expect that with Warframe too. The game engine not going to even start on incompatible hardware. As I understand those SSE protocols are very critical.

Yeah, I need a new PC like 5 years ago, I know it. Money issues and bigger problems delaying my new PC. Maybe I try GeForce NOW just to try out the Duviri experience.

Good to know.

Good luck then! Hope you can get an upgrade soon.

On 4/15/2023 at 3:16 PM, Rathalio said:

Because games usually never deny you accessing them even if you don't meet the requirements, you will just likely step upon a few bugs and a few more performance issues & don't be legitimate anymore to ask for fixing, but that will probably be it. Or if they do really block you the access to the game then rip. They haven't really be clear about the behaviour of their minimum specs other than they give you some warnings. So who knows you might still be able to connect a few times & craft your daily forma x')

Per the linked thread, the warning about SSE requirements was first posted back in September 2022. The title was edited to provide a date which wasn't there before, but it is "PSA: PC Minimum Supported Specs Changes Coming in April 26th 2023 (With The Duviri Paradox)". That should be pretty clear.

Archived